Early Decision apply? (wayne) Help please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Happymappy123

Reaction score
Hi!

I am wondering whether I should apply to Wayne State through the EDP. I am a Canadian applicant, so even if EDP didn't work out I would still be eligible to apply to Canadian schools (Michigan schools are the only way I could do US Med because I could live at home and commute across the border). I have a 3.97 GPA, and a 508 mcat. I think my EC's are decent for being in undergrad; I have over 1800 hours of research, 5 conference presentation posters, clinical hours in the emergency unit, trauma, family practice, and I'm the president and founder of a Canada-wide initiative. Beyond that are just some other community projects I've led, hobbies, other research studies in progress, etc. I was really considering EDP because I'd want to give myself the best possible shot at a Michigan school, and since I meet the cut-offs for Wayne's program I'm stuck on whether I should keep my applications to CMU,MSU and Wayne or just give myself the chance thru EDP Wayne. I saw in the last few years everyone who applied and was eligible was interviewed, so this was another consideration.

Members don't see this ad.