Duke DPT c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dptbound1692

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from Duke DPT admissions yet for the 2017 first year class?

Members don't see this ad.

I am waiting to hear back as well. So far just emails regarding the completion of my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not. I applied through regular admissions decision. My PTCAS application was sent to them 9/11/16.
I haven't received anything yet... I applied regular decision. Hoping to hear back soon! I submitted everything early October!

Anyone hear anything yet??

I submitted my application October 3rd and I haven't heard back yet either.

I emailed admissions and they said that all decisions for regular admission will be sent out at the end of November.

I just got the call that I'm accepted! So excited!! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I'm excited they are finally going to tell us if we got in or not! Congratulations on the acceptance! Duke has an amazing program!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? I'm excited they are finally going to tell us if we got in or not! Congratulations on the acceptance! Duke has an amazing program!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks!! I've been shaking all day, I'm so excited! I posted my stats on the big main thread a while ago but here's the basics:

University
: Michigan State University
Major: Dual degree - Human Biology and Nutritional Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.87
Pre-Req: 3.95
GRE: 160 V / 159 Q / 4.0 W

Congratulations!! Do you know of anyone else that has heard from Duke?

Thank you! I don't know of anyone else but I'll let you know if I hear anything!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have been biting my nails waiting to hear anything!! Still nothing. Hoping for sometime this week!

Thanks! I submitted it on 8/28
Do you think Duke really is rolling admission? I submitted my application 7/28 and haven't heard anything. I figured the earlier I submitted the better, but I guess that might not be the case? I just want the waiting to be done! :)

Do you think Duke really is rolling admission? I submitted my application 7/28 and haven't heard anything. I figured the earlier I submitted the better, but I guess that might not be the case? I just want the waiting to be done! :)

I thought they were! Someone said that they'll send out their decisions by the end of November....fingers crossed you get accepted soon! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I thought they were! Someone said that they'll send out their decisions by the end of November....fingers crossed you get accepted soon! :)
Thanks!! Congrats on your acceptance! Crossing my fingers we will be classmates :)

Anyone get any calls or emails today?? :)

Noooooo :( DUKE DUKE DUKE DUKE. They're killing me!
I got an email from them September 2nd saying that they had my application so i submitted my app around 8/28 or something. can they just please answer us...

I got an email from them September 2nd saying that they had my application so i submitted my app around 8/28 or something. can they just please answer us...
I got an email from them saying my application was complete on 8/2!!!! I submitted on 7/28. Can't get much earlier than that. It's annoying.

I called yesterday and they said they haven't made a decision on my application yet.... they already started sending out acceptances.... so lets hope!!!

I called yesterday and they said they haven't made a decision on my application yet.... they already started sending out acceptances.... so lets hope!!!
Did they tell you they already have sent out acceptances, or did you just get the info from feeds and word of mouth?

I have read on other forums applicants applying regular decision have been accepted!

I applied regular decision and sent in my application on October 15th and heard back last Monday!

PS - is anyone else going to the Duke Info Day on December 9th? Does anyone have any idea on what the dress code is haha stupid question but I don't want to dress too formally/too casually!!

I applied regular decision and sent in my application on October 15th and heard back last Monday!

PS - is anyone else going to the Duke Info Day on December 9th? Does anyone have any idea on what the dress code is haha stupid question but I don't want to dress too formally/too casually!!

What are your stats and experience?

I emailed them an hour ago, and they told me that decisions will be sent out anytime from now until April due to rolling admissions.

Major: Health Sciences
GPA: 3.92
GRE: 162 verbal 162 quant
I had 1100 hours in a single outpatient setting
Did they call you, or did you receive an email about your acceptance?

Does anyone know if Duke sends out rejections in real time as well or will we not hear until April?

If anyone wants to give up their spot, I would be eternally grateful! :) just kidding! Congrats on everyone who has been accepted, very exciting!! Did they give you a deadline on when you had to accept by?

I also emailed them. They said when the status of your application changes (I'm assuming wait listed or denied) you'll get an email from now up until April.

I must have misunderstood the meaning of rolling admissions cause I applied 8/30 and haven't heard back but people who applied later than me have heard.
When they say rolling do they just mean that they don't sent out all decisions at the same time?

I must have misunderstood the meaning of rolling admissions cause I applied 8/30 and haven't heard back but people who applied later than me have heard.
When they say rolling do they just mean that they don't sent out all decisions at the same time?

I was trying to figure that out too. I applied SUPER early. I think by rolling admissions it means that they have multiple dates when the send out acceptances - i.e. they send out the first round like they did on November 21st, like enough to fill the remaining half of the class after ED applicants, then wait to hear from them on a decision, and then send out the remaining acceptances until the class is full. I think by now it has more to do with our applications and less to do with when we submitted them. I think on their website when they say to submit earlier to get it reviewed earlier was just to help them out so they don't have a huge amount to go through at the deadline.

I'm crossing our fingers for all of us. Like wanderer13 said, they have an info day on the 9th and will be looking for decisions shortly after that, so if the committee meets in December, hopefully we will know by end of December or January for the next round :)

I submitted my application on August 15th and received news of my acceptance on September 20th. Hope everyone hears back from Duke with good news soon!

I submitted my application on August 15th and received news of my acceptance on September 20th. Hope everyone hears back from Duke with good news soon!
Did you apply early decision? Do you know how many people they accepted ED? @nfreij1

Did you apply early decision? Do you know how many people they accepted ED? @nfreij1
Yea I applied early decision since Duke has always been my dream school. I only know of a handful people that I've come across who have also been accepted but I don't know how many in total.

I really just want to call and ask how their rolling admissions work, as well as if they have sent all 75 acceptances out. I applied to NYU before the "soft deadline" and got an interview the next day; which I'm assuming a soft deadline is somewhat analogous to rolling admissions with a deadline. Also, when I called a while back (October 15ish) about my letters of Rec, admissions said they accepted a little over the third of the class (20ish people) for ED.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Duke has sent out rejections? Like many of you, I submitted my application months ago but haven't heard back! I am guessing that If they have sent out a few rejections, that is a good thing for us still waiting to hear back :)

I really just want to call and ask how their rolling admissions work, as well as if they have sent all 75 acceptances out. I applied to NYU before the "soft deadline" and got an interview the next day; which I'm assuming a soft deadline is somewhat analogous to rolling admissions with a deadline. Also, when I called a while back (October 15ish) about my letters of Rec, admissions said they accepted a little over the third of the class (20ish people) for ED.
If you do call, let us know what they say.

Not yet but I plan to!
You should tell us how many people are at the info day on Friday so we can have a good idea of how many spots might be left :) I'm dying to hear back from them!

Reactions: 1 users