Drug testing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preDPT25

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not looking for advice or commentary, just a simple question. How many of you were drug tested pre-acceptance to the DPT program at your school? Is this standard as it is with nursing school and such? For those who did experience it, was it before or after you were given an interview, and how much notice were you given?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, just wow!! I hope for everyone else's sake they do test you.

edit: to the post below, a cold one isn't illegal-end of story. If you are going overlook this law what's stopping you from overlooking laws governing your patients' rights? Sorry I'm not as "free-minded" as some people :)

As someone who will not judge you based upon what you put in your own body responsibly, I will just say that I personally was not drug tested at any point during my admission to PT school; however I am only a freshman in a 6 yr. accelerated program so I would play it safe. And yes, I mean "I" as in me because like almost 70% of Americans at one point in there life, I would be concerned with a possible short-notice drug test. And to all the hypocrites you should maybe reconsider your beliefs the next time you're sittin down with a cold one...

Edit: to above, this isn't exactly the forum for this type of debate but the point I was making is that under the law that prohibits most drugs, alcohol should be included and prohibited based upon similar substances if prohibition is to be taken seriously. But nah, don't do that...what's the best way to solve a drug 'problem'? Tax the crap out of socially accepted drugs like nicotine and alcohol and then destroy the chance at people with other drug choices ever holding a decent job or even finishing their education if financial aid is a factor... I love America.

Members don't see this ad :)
Edit: to above, this isn't exactly the forum for this type of debate but the point I was making is that under the law that prohibits most drugs, alcohol should be included and prohibited based upon similar substances if prohibition is to be taken seriously. But nah, don't do that...what's the best way to solve a drug 'problem'? Tax the crap out of socially accepted drugs like nicotine and alcohol and then destroy the chance at people with other drug choices ever holding a decent job or even finishing their education if financial aid is a factor... I love America.

Meanwhile, alcohol and cigarettes will continue to kill millions of people every year, and will continue to be readily available in every gas station and corner store. But I will go to jail for a harmless joint in my car, and will lose my job/schooling/license/financial aid, reputation, and everything I've worked for over failing a drug test due to burning one before bedtime every night in the privacy of my own home, hurting absolutely no one (including myself!). Yes, gotta love America.

But back to the topic at hand, I appreciate you taking time to respond to my QUESTION, not my morals. Thanks!