Drop in Comlex Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CitrateCleavage9

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Went from a 540s on comlex I to 490s on comlex II. Not sure if it was a change in the test format/structure, or the ethical questions that got me. Step 1 was a 217. Nonetheless, I'm very disappointed. Any advice on applying to IM residency slots? A little bummed

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure which region you are applying, but apply broadly and look for smaller community programs that have a large DO population. You return will be higher in those areas in my opinion. That isn't a huge drop by any means on the COMLEX, so keep you head up and apply broadly. Prepare hard for the interviews and hopefully you have been getting some good letters along the way.
Good luck, keep us posted on how it goes.

Reactions: 1 user
Went from a 540s on comlex I to 490s on comlex II. Not sure if it was a change in the test format/structure, or the ethical questions that got me. Step 1 was a 217. Nonetheless, I'm very disappointed. Any advice on applying to IM residency slots? A little bummed
You should be ok for community programs. If I were you, I would apply to 40 community programs and 20 low tier university programs.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I really appreciate the responses guys. Unfortunately, I did not take Step 2. Took Comlex and then jumped into audition rotations and at this point taking it would be too late. Although I may still consider taking it just in case to redeem myself and possibly leave the fellowship door open. It's been a rocky road the past 6 months....