Dr Nurse - I see both sides

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The only saving grace for us. And I told people this years ago even before the salaries went up after 2019 is that if you extrapolate crna w2 salary of 150-160k (back in 2017/8 ish). When you adjust it for hours docs work plus weekends and overtime. Their equivalent salary back than would have been around 280k. Compared to Average doc salary around 360k back in 2017/8.

It’s not that much of a savings especially crnas dictate their work hours using hourly method.

Fast forward to 2023. Crna salary is 200k base and with overtime easily 260-280k and not working much more days than docs. Docs average is around 475k now

Again extrapolated weekends and call hour responsibilities to crnas to same as docs. That same crna salary would be close to 400k. Not much income difference.
Definitely and with locums it’s even worse.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I earned a real doctorate PhD with real publications in real scientific journals. I didn’t call myself “doctor” during the last two years of medical school.
If you did, I’m sure some of your fellow classmates would think dbag and would think of you differently. Good thing you didn’t.

Reactions: 1 user