DPT schools that allow more then two prerequisites outstanding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patsfan52

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So my question is what schools are you aware of that will allow applications from prospective students that have more then 2 prerequisite classes outstanding? I am switching careers (BS and MS in Environmental Studies) and I am currently taking the prerequisite courses. I am scheduled/planning on taking 2 courses this fall and 3 courses this spring. They are only offered at those times so trying to get them sooner isn't feasible.
I have already found one school, Texas State University, that accepts applicants on the conditional basis that all classes be completed prior to the program start date. Are you guys aware of any other schools that have a similar admission policy? Most that I have found allow only 1-2 classes outstanding but I am hoping to apply this year. Any info you have would be very helpful, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

So my question is what schools are you aware of that will allow applications from prospective students that have more then 2 prerequisite classes outstanding? I am switching careers (BS and MS in Environmental Studies) and I am currently taking the prerequisite courses. I am scheduled/planning on taking 2 courses this fall and 3 courses this spring. They are only offered at those times so trying to get them sooner isn't feasible.
I have already found one school, Texas State University, that accepts applicants on the conditional basis that all classes be completed prior to the program start date. Are you guys aware of any other schools that have a similar admission policy? Most that I have found allow only 1-2 classes outstanding but I am hoping to apply this year. Any info you have would be very helpful, thanks!

A couple of years ago I asked Mercy in NY about this....I forget the details, but while they would technically consider incomplete applications, they said their application number is so high, every year when it comes down to who to accept, they always end up not accepting incomplete apps just because there were so many satisfactory candidates with complete apps.
While perhaps not super helpful, my point is, just because they'll accept your app, maybe be aware that you still may not get in simply because you're getting beaten out by candidates with complete apps...