DPT chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDH93

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've already been denied from LIU Brooklyn and I'm starting to loose all hope after my gpa calc was done
Bachelors of science in Exercise Science (knes based)
cgpa-2.47
preqgpa.2.87
GRE-155v 148q
Hours-800+inpatient working 25 outpatient
Letters of rec- 2 professors from touro who I work with a PT and a Profssor from my under grad
I know my gpa is unbearable but the problem is I have retaken so many classes from messing up my first 2 years of college. I work with 2 professors from Touro DPT program and they enjoy my work and believe I'm well qualified but should I looking at plan B already?

Members don't see this ad.

What schools did you apply to? Do they recalculate GPAs using their own formula? If they do, then there still is hope given the grades you may have earned. However if that's your self-reported PTCAS prereq GPA, then it's highly likely that you won't get into a program just based on it being < 3.0

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I'd look into programs that take the last 45 or 60 credit hours. Honestly, because you're below a 3.0, it'd be hard to gain attention but it might be possible. Why don't you apply to Touro? Worst comes to worst, maybe consider the PTA route?