DPM over MD???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted959484

I was planning to attend Scholl but I have recently got accepted to a US MD school... it seems like the general consensus would be to take the MD and run regardless if I’m actually interested in podiatry, right??

Members don't see this ad.

Yes.
For the same amount of work and training (+/-), you will make substantially more even with the problems all healthcare professions face.

You will have a greater say in where you want to work and for how long. I imagine your work contracts will also be more negotiable with an MD instead of a DPM.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lol yeah MD.

Reactions: 1 user
You will have a greater say in where you want to work and for how long.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Reactions: 1 user
Get an MD and then practice podiatry.:cool:

I promise you that you can recreate the experience:

Ironically pay yourself $75K like a podiatry associate.
Buy some high quality nail nippers and whenever you admit someone to the hospital - cut those bad boys down to size. Make a nurse clean it up.
Go to a podiatry conference paid for by garbage amnion companies.
Get board certified by a podiatry board that will certify anyone for money.
Do MIS bunions in your garage.
Scan everyone for custom orthotics.
Submit your story to a podiatry magazine explaining the amazing cross-over value your MD provides you in treating foot problems
Create an overpriced course that promises to teach DPMs how to think like actual physicians
Fill your office with little molds and pictures of feet. Get the famous one of the guy with a machete cutting a leg off.

Boom.
MD/pseudo-DPM
Never look back.

Reactions: 1 users
I was planning to attend Scholl but I have recently got accepted to a US MD school... it seems like the general consensus would be to take the MD and run regardless if I’m actually interested in podiatry, right??

If you are interested in Podiatry's Orthopedic/Surgical aspect, you can still achieve those dreams with the MD degree. Being in an MD program will open many doors for you for an Orthopedic Surgical residency (or if you decide to do something else), granted you have great stats and are competitive.
But as stated in this thread, the MD is the obvious choice.

Congrats on the acceptance, and good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
PM&R is another option as an MD/DO that has some Orthopedic elements.
FP+Sports Medicine, IM+Sports Medicine, ER+Sports Medicine, PM&R+Sports Medicine, and apparently Peds+Sports Medicine are options as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.