DPM license plates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NormColeman4MN

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which of my pod brothers have DPM license plates???? Represent

Members don't see this ad.

Eeeuuuuuwww, no.

Members don't see this ad :)
****t yea! Tons of MD's have them, why not DPM's???

I had DPM plates when I was a resident in NYC. You are required to have them if you intend to park in doctors parking or if you need to go over your meter.

Attachments

• CIMG1282.JPG
    CIMG1282.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 265
I had DPM plates when I was a resident in NYC. You are required to have them if you intend to park in doctors parking or if you need to go over your meter.
What? They required vanity plates??? Wild.

At least "227 DPM" isn't as vain as:

"IFIXFT"

"FIXFT4U"

"FOOTDOC"

"OMGIDPM"

"FT4EVA"

"DPM4LIF"

One could just cut to the chase and say:

"CHZBALL"

"BIGDORK"

or similar.

What? They required vanity plates??? Wild.

At least "227 DPM" isn't as vain as:

DPM plates actually are still classified as "vanity plates," but MD plates are classified as "medical plates". New Jersey DPM plates list "physician" above the plate number.

New York DPM plates you can't choose the letters/numbers like traditional vanity plates. They're assigned.

While there is a degree of vanity associated with MD or DPM plates, it's really for parking - a luxury in NYC. You may not understand because in OR I know you can park wherever the hell you want! HA HA.

In NYC I've driven around for an hour looking for parking before.

I live in NJ and can honestly tell you that I can not remember the last time I saw a "physician" license plate.

Once in a while I'll see a true vanity plate (there's a urologist in my area with the plate PP DOC), but I rarely if ever see true state issued "physician" license plates. I used to see a lot more of those 15-20 years ago.

Maybe it's simply because a lot of docs lease their cars and when that occurs you don't pick your plates!

Members don't see this ad :)
DPM plates actually are still classified as "vanity plates," but MD plates are classified as "medical plates". New Jersey DPM plates list "physician" above the plate number.

New York DPM plates you can't choose the letters/numbers like traditional vanity plates. They're assigned.

While there is a degree of vanity associated with MD or DPM plates, it's really for parking - a luxury in NYC. You may not understand because in OR I know you can park wherever the hell you want! HA HA.

In NYC I've driven around for an hour looking for parking before.
Our hospital issues window stickers for physicians, but yes, we do kind of park pell-mell out here! No lie.

It's funny you should mention this now, because just a few minutes ago I was getting razzed by some car peeps on a car messageboard for my lousy parking job at the supermarket (but the other guys parked just as poorly!).

See!
rayss.jpg

Our hospital issues window stickers for physicians, but yes, we do kind of park pell-mell out here! No lie.

It's funny you should mention this now, because just a few minutes ago I was getting razzed by some car peeps on a car messageboard for my lousy parking job at the supermarket (but the other guys parked just as poorly!).

See!
rayss.jpg

What is that, an internal medicine convention? All Audis?

And, let me add a follow up ... my trunk was broken in to by some one looking for drugs.

For this reason, I do not leave my white coat, medical journals, or doctor's parking permit in my car for open display.

For this reason, I do not leave my white coat, medical journals, or doctor's parking permit in my car for open display.
...but Rx pads and briefcase are okay!

If those were Internists' cars they would have parked them perfectly symmetrical within the lines, it would have taken 30 minutes to do so, they would have cleaned up any detritus on the ground, and they would have gotten together to discuss the parking job at least twice.

Then they would have called me to air up the tires.

I heard Darklord stole a DPM plate and put it on his Honda Civic Hybrid in order to gain respect

See!
rayss.jpg

BAALLIN!!!!!!!!!!! which one is urs doc? tell its the black!!!

See!
rayss.jpg

not only are there more parking spots but each one is wider then in NYC or N. Va.