Downsides of Sesame Care?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yoloswagpoop42069

Reaction score

What are the downsides of listing or starting a practice on here? It looks like they provide an e-platform for notes and prescribing.

Obviously very wary of venture capital companies like Lifestance who set up your entire practice for you (what are the exact downsides of this? High fees?).

But this seems a little different than Lifestance. Only thing I can see being an issue is low patient volume as it seems like NPs and MDs will compete for lower prices.

Ended my locums assignment early, and now have an awkward 2 month gap with only a low volume / income from current reputable 1099 telehealth job that im happy with, just want more avenues for cash.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
First I heard of this company. They say they aim to take the "middle man" out (while acting suspiciously like middle men). Why not throw a profile on psychology today, get malpractice insurance for telehealth and start seeing patients on the side. Build your own brand.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First I heard of this company. They say they aim to take the "middle man" out (while acting suspiciously like middle men). Why not throw a profile on psychology today, get malpractice insurance for telehealth and start seeing patients on the side. Build your own brand.
Absolutely.

Issue is I’m headed to fellowship on July 1st and PD hasn’t responded yet in terms of if I’m able to start my own cash only PP in fellowship. Which is BS. It should 100% be allowed.

But I don’t think it is.

So essentially looking for extra work/cash options for May and June months only currently.

Absolutely.

Issue is I’m headed to fellowship on July 1st and PD hasn’t responded yet in terms of if I’m able to start my own cash only PP in fellowship. Which is BS. It should 100% be allowed.

But I don’t think it is.

So essentially looking for extra work/cash options for May and June months only currently.
If he doesn't allow this (and provided you're not doing cap) I would 100% bail on fellowship and just do it later if you want. It's not like you actually need any of the other fellowships anyways.