doubts in asda papers in micro-path section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

R19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Q.each of foll is ass with congestive heart failure except 1-
1.dyspnoea
2.cyanosis
3.anasarca
4.ankle edema
5.passive liver congestion .(i cant rule out any of these.lil help plz)\
Q. the pulmonary neoplasm to which endocrine effects of hyperparathyroidism is attributed to is-
1.squamous cell ca
2.oat cell ca
3.medullary ca
4.pheochromocytoma
5.adenoma (i think ans shud b 1 but in key ist 2 ???)
Q.which is the most common malignant neoplasm of lungs- squamous cell or adenoca??

Members don't see this ad.

which of the foll have a relation with ca of cervix?
1.papovavirus
2.varicella zoster
3.herpesvirus hominis type2
4.none of the above (ans given in key is 3.isnt HPV ass with cervical ca)??

I guess u will get a better response if u put it in "lets discuss the nbde questn forum".....most of this questions are already solved there.:thumbup:

which of the foll have a relation with ca of cervix?
1.papovavirus
2.varicella zoster
3.herpesvirus hominis type2is the right answer:thumbup:
4.none of the above (ans given in key is 3.isnt HPV ass with cervical ca)??

Members don't see this ad :)
@cindrella yes this is the ans given in key also but why not papova?HPV is more closely ass with cerivical ca

hi R19..

I too couldnt rule out anything for ur first question but for the second one the answer is squamous cell and the most common malignant neoplasm of lung should be adeno carcinoma of lung..sorry for the wrong answers...i guess i too was a bit confused..i checked this from goljans patho book...

Last edited:
hi R19..

I too couldnt rule out anything for ur first question but for the second one the answer is oatcell which is also called small cell carcinoma of the lung and the most common malignant neoplasm of lung should be squamous cell carcinoma..
Could u plz tell m the source from where u read bout oat cell ca?bcoz acc. to kaplan review notes,dentessentials and decks oat cell secrete adh and acth whereas sq cell ca secrete pth like peptide and adenoca is most common type......so its still doubtful

And to add about lung cancer the MC cancer of lung is due to metastasis, then 2nd is adeno and then squamous and last goes oat cell..
Squamous carcinoma of lung secretes Pth analogue which causes hypercalcemia, oat cell secretes both Acth and Adh analogues..pheocromocytoma is usually b9 and is renal in origin..

hi R19..

I too couldnt rule out anything for ur first question but for the second one the answer is squamous cell and the most common malignant neoplasm of lung should be adeno carcinoma of lung..sorry for the wrong answers...i guess i too was a bit confused..i checked this from goljans patho book...
:thumbup: