Don't trust snailmail-Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lisa13579

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I live in Chicago and the mail system is terrible. I receive mail for the wrong address AT LEAST once a week, and have never received certain pieces of mail in the past. For example, I just received a credit card statement for Sept. with a note that it was returned to the credit card company-and my address was correct. I'm extremely worried that I won't receive interview invites. Am I valid to email schools that ONLY use snailmail to briefly explain my fears and ask if I've been sent an invite? I just feel a little silly asking if I was mailed an invite... :eek: I completed all my secondaries in July and Aug. and have received some interview invites already.

Members don't see this ad.

This happened to me last year, because the postman was changing all the time.

I would suggest to call and talk to the medical schools, or e-mail them and explain to them what happened.

Another easy way would be to get a mailbox at the post office, so that you know your mail will not get lost or misplaced between the post office and your house. And go to the post office and talk to someone there, even the person at the counter. Explain to them you are applying to medical school, and it is very important to you, and occasionally school send interview invites and important communication through the mail and ask that person what you should do to make sure that all the mail gets to you, because for example on such and such date this envelope got send back when it had the right address on... etc. They are usually very helpful, just don't be beligerant.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!