Dont Even Consider Mcphs-worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is responding to jihain and torius71:
I usually don't like spending time responding to bias comments on this forum. But when I first saw this thread, I am shock. I really feel sorry for the two of you who have had bad experiences with MCPHS.

I am a P1 student at MCPHS-Worcester. I really love the classes I'm enrolled in and the faculty is really enthusiastic about teaching and helping the students. As a P1 student, I have been doing well on the exams. The material is challenging but stimulating and that is how it should be. Most of my P1 friends are doing well and are loving the curriculum. I haven't met anyone who are struggling and MCPHS offers counseling to those who do poorly on 1 or more exams --THIS IS MANDATORY AT MCPHS.

MCPHS really wants their students to succeed. That's why they have mandatory counseling for students. The school is the 2nd OLDEST SCHOOL OF PHARMACY THAT HAS EXCELLENT ACCREDITATION.
I don't understand why MCPHS would purposely increase their attrition rate that obviously does not benefit the faculty/school or the student.

As a student at MCPHS, I can answer that MCPHS DOES NOT fail 50 students each year nor do we have an attrition rate of 30%. MCPHS WANTS TO MAKE SURE THAT THE STUDENTS ARE IN GOOD STANDING AND ARE PREPARE FOR THE NAPLEX. THE WELFARE OF THE STUDENTS HAS BEEN PROVIDING THE EXCELLENT ACCREDITATION STATUS FOR THE SCHOOL. Failing numerous amount of students would means the school is purposely jeopardizing its substantial accreditation ...Why?

Overall, I agree with
Fidodido123. Those who are delinquent in their decision obviously show a lack of confident. MCPHS definitely does not consider students who are so prone to bias comments that have no reliable evidence. Also, MCPHS DON'T even consider students who can't overcome academic conundrums. This is evident for most professional school.

the precedent posters claimed that year 1 was a breeze. year 2 was a disaster but not for everyone. according to the recent posters, the majority passed eventually.

Members don't see this ad.

the precedent posters claimed that year 1 was a breeze. year 2 was a disaster but not for everyone. according to the recent posters, the majority passed eventually.

Why the hell does everyone of your posts seem so cynical? Get over it dude.

Why the hell does everyone of your posts seem so cynical? Get over it dude.

i am the type of person who prefers to read experiences from recent graduates or p3 students. i met few p1 students from other pharmacy schools and they are concerned about the 2nd year. this p1 student claim that he is doing very well. everyone who studies does well their first year, but 2nd and 3rd years are difficult for everyone. i have one question for you, if someone fails one course why they say the student have to pay another 50k in tuition to repeat another year. i don't understand why.
if they fail one course then they should retake it in the summer, but if it is not available then they have to wait another year. do they have to retake all the courses that they passed? it wouldn't be fair if this is true.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am the type of person who prefers to read experiences from recent graduates or p3 students. i met few p1 students from other pharmacy schools and they are concerned about the 2nd year. this p1 student claim that he is doing very well. everyone who studies does well their first year, but 2nd and 3rd years are difficult for everyone. i have one question for you, if someone fails one course why they say the student have to pay another 50k in tuition to repeat another year. i don't understand why.
if they fail one course then they should retake it in the summer, but if it is not available then they have to wait another year. do they have to retake all the courses that they passed? it wouldn't be fair if this is true.

First off, I am a P3. If you took the time to read the thread, you'd have realized that. I placed one of the first posts on this thread three (3) years ago.

Secondly, its not 50k for two reasons. 1) Our tuition is NOT 50K, it is 36,700. 2) Depends how many classes you fail. If it is a single class (< 9 credits), at that point you'd pay per credit. If it was ALL your classes the cost would be an entire semesters tuition.

Once again, I strongly recommend you reconsider your posts before clicking the submit button. The information you are receiving is not accurate. I do not know whom you're speaking to. However, the better alternative would be to call admissions so they can properly inform you.

Last edited:
Hi, i have applied to MCPHS, it is one of my top schools. I have just recieved word that they are interested in interviewing me. I will most likely be going on the interview @ 7.5 months pregnant. I was just wondering does anyone have any opinion on whether judgment will be placed on me on the fact that im pregnant. I am a very motivated person and have a huge support system. My pregnancy will only make me work harder. By the time i start the program my son will be 8 months old (almost a year). does anyone think i should wait to have the baby then go for an interview? I am just worried bc I would really love to go to this school. please give me some input. thank you :)

They shouldn't judge you for it, but they might, since the interviewers will be human beings. It's hard to say. They might impugne you specifically if the child is being born out of wedlock (When you say strong support system, that includes your husband with a good job, right?)

People still have notions about what is right, and the order that things should go in in life. That all said, I would definitely NOT defer just b/c you're pregnant. You need to go to that interview and make them judge you on your merit as a possible pharmacy student. Just stay witty about the pregnancy perhaps, and explain that you're dedicated to school. That could be a hard sell if they think, "She doesn't even know how biology works..." because you didn't delay your pregnancy until after school (Again, traditional notions...)

But... I'd go... and I know that in the past on SDN similar advice has been given for girls in positions like yours (Pregnant but getting an interview).

When is your original interview scheduled for? Remember, they have rolling admissions. So you dont want to have an interview too late.

I'm currently a P2 at MCPHS Manchester. Don't believe those who have nothing but horror stories... this program is extremly doable if you prioritize and take it seriously. In addition, it is a great school with a faculty who really cares. Management can be...interesting... but overall, I feel that the school is pretty reasonable. We've lost 6 people from our class since we started in 2009... but 3 of those left because of personal issues. Several people in my classes have children and make it work. I am married and make it work. Your own experience is what you make it out to be. I've made it onto the Dean's List every semester because I study my butt off. You need to in order to succeed. If you won't, or demand that your keep you social life, or refuse to attend class, you will have a hard time here. This school does not look for people that they can fail or prey on the weak or any such nonsense of that type. The grade that YOU earn stands.

I am actually pretty fond of the school at this point (that could all change after therapeutics and med chem this semester haha) and can answer any questions that anyone may have. Feel free to PM me with anything...

I'm currently a P2 at MCPHS Manchester. Don't believe those who have nothing but horror stories... this program is extremly doable if you prioritize and take it seriously. In addition, it is a great school with a faculty who really cares. Management can be...interesting... but overall, I feel that the school is pretty reasonable. We've lost 6 people from our class since we started in 2009... but 3 of those left because of personal issues. Several people in my classes have children and make it work. I am married and make it work. Your own experience is what you make it out to be. I've made it onto the Dean's List every semester because I study my butt off. You need to in order to succeed. If you won't, or demand that your keep you social life, or refuse to attend class, you will have a hard time here. This school does not look for people that they can fail or prey on the weak or any such nonsense of that type. The grade that YOU earn stands.

I am actually pretty fond of the school at this point (that could all change after therapeutics and med chem this semester haha) and can answer any questions that anyone may have. Feel free to PM me with anything...

I just applied so I will take you up on that!!!! :laugh:....anyway yeah I agree with you 100%. If you're not ready to work hard you should not apply to an accelerated program. The way I see it is if you love what you are doing, then it really is not that difficult. It's when you don't like what you're doing or you don't take the work seriously that the work becomes a burden......

I just applied so I will take you up on that!!!! :laugh:....anyway yeah I agree with you 100%. If you're not ready to work hard you should not apply to an accelerated program. The way I see it is if you love what you are doing, then it really is not that difficult. It's when you don't like what you're doing or you don't take the work seriously that the work becomes a burden......

I am researching the school, and I truly appreciate everyone's input. I heard that the campus is bumping its class size up, so.. do you think it means that more students are doing very well???