Don't be discouraged! Oat success after the 4th time!

eyesontheprize1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I honestly consider myself the worst standardized test taker in the world. If you looked at my SAT scores you would think I was an idiot. So for all of you who have taken the OAT once or twice and feel like giving up let me just share my embarrassing scores and studying along the way....

I took it the first time and honestly didn't study the best. I bought a kaplan practice book and went over a couple things and it definitely reflected in my scores. I also at the time of my schooling I had not taken Physics 2 or Organic 2. I scored the following....brace youself

QR 270
RC 310
BIO 260
GC 270
OC 280
PHY 240
TS 250
AA 270

I was upset of course but I honestly was not even sure what they meant I went into this test so blind. So for my second time I bought the Kaplan course which I do not recommend. I watched the lectures, read the books, took some tests but not all of them. I honestly still was afraid of physics because I hated it so much. Maybe did 3/4 of the course but still felt OKAY going into the test. Not confident though. I scored the following....

QR 250
RC 320
BIO 300
GC 270
OC 260
PHY 250
TS 270
AA 280

After this time I was like alright well I did bad again. I started making excuses for myself and decided to apply early anyways. I applied with these HORRIBLE scores and every school just suggested that I retake it. I thought okay it is time to crack down. Luckily my school load was not as bad so I decided maybe I didn't take the Kaplan course serious enough the first time so I decided to redo it. I got it for free with the money back policy if you don't get a high score. So once again Kaplan was all I used. This time going in I thought I should do better. I put the time in. I will be fine. Going into test day I was once again feeling OKAY still not confident.

QR 290
RC 270
BIO 300
GC 250
OC 290
PHY 240
TS 260
AA 270

When I got my scores I literally started crying. I was so upset and so mad at myself. Basically thought time wasted! I honestly was thinking the worst things possible at this point. That maybe I wasn't meant to be a doctor. That I just wasn't smart enough. Luckily my loving fiance (who just took his LSAT and did WELL above average) encouraged me to take it ONE MORE TIME. So I go to the process once more of signing up. To my dismay as of January 1st 2013 they changed it to where you can only take the OAT 3 times instead of an unlimited amount. The only way you can take it again is if you have proof of a rejection or an advising of retaking it. The catch is if I took it again I had to wait a FULL YEAR to take it again for a 5th time if that was really what I wanted to do. I IMMEDIATELY got upset. I was approved to take it for the FOURTH time.

So here I go trucking along on the 4th attempt. This time I went in it with a WHOLE different attitude. This was my last shot. I literally made a schedule and stuck to it. I had ONE month to prepare. I started googling other ways to study for this test. I came across ***********.com (Chads videos). I decided to give it a shot and watched every video. I got through all the material by week two and decided to go over my notes each day after and begin practice tests. I bought some off Crack the OAT. I took a practice test (Natural Science) every other day and reviewed it the day I wasn't taking one. Sense the natural science portion is the majority of the test this helped me with my stamina. Taking a test for 4 hours is not a good time for anyone and it gets to you.

I need to talk about chads videos a little more. He explained topics that are SPECIFICALLY on the OAT not like going through your text books not knowing what they test on. He made some topics even when I struggled with them in college go OHHHHHH I understand now. I wish I would have known that then. He makes you remember things. I still know things I didn't before because of him. Plus think about it you have spent your entire education watching a professor teach you something. I also can not stress enough TAKE PRACTICE TESTS! I literally never really took a practice test and it showed.

I also got mentally ready. I prayed every day and worked out to clear my mind. I would literally talk to myself positively before I took a test. It sounds silly but it helped.

So here we come. Night before the test. Every other time I crammed. Not this time. I looked my notes over one last time during the day and then mentally prepared myself. I worked out, relaxed, had a glass of wine, and went to bed early with a clear mind.

Test day....I walked in COMPLETELY confident. I literally played eye of the tiger and awolnations sail before walking in the testing center to get a rush. I told myself I would KILL this test and that NO ONE in that testing center was smarter than me and NO ONE wanted it more. It sounds so corny but it helps. I take my test and sail through the natural science section. If I started to get discouraged because of ONE question I thought of it this way. I need to get at least half of the questions right. You can do it. When the break came up...before I never took the break. This time I did. I went to the bathroom and literally did jumping jacks and jogged in place to keep my blood flowing. I talked to myself positively some more before heading back in to finish the test. I told myself from the beginning I was NOT going to look at the screen when it popped up and would just wait until I got to my car. I put the dry erase board they give you in front of the screen when it was loading. I saw the titles of the sections pop up and thought oh just a peek. First score I saw AMAZED me and I had to look...this is what I scored

QR 280
RC 340
BIO 290
GC 330
OC 350
PHY 260
TS 310
AA 310

:love: I was TOO excited. I literally thought those aren't my scores. I almost yelled in that testing center. I skipped out of there. I was honestly shooting for a 290 or a 300 AA. To get a 310 and even a 350 on OC. I was so excited. I did 80 points better on GC from my lowest to highest. That is INSANE.

Since then I have had interviews at everywhere I have applied and am waiting on acceptance letters.

I just wanted to share for anyone out there like me. DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED. ANYONE CAN DO IT!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
I loved reading your post and your ability to overcome the hurdle that is called the OAT really gives me a glimmer of hope. Like you, I did pretty bad the first time I took my OAT. I took it a second time back in September of 2012 and received scores similar to yours and almost cried after the test was over. I have a couple of questions for you though: 1) Did you take the online Kaplan course or onsite course? Why do you think the course did not help you? I'm going to start my on site course next month so I am very interested in your experience. 2) Do you think Chads videos and quizzes were closer to the real OAT than Kaplans materials? 3) I've read on this forum that Kaplan doesn't prepare you well for the QR because the real thing contains more word problems. My question is how did you study for QR? I'm currently using the Math destroyer so I hope that will suffice. 4) I did not know about the 3 attempts rule so thank you very much for letting us know. I'm taking my test for the 3rd time in June. My question is how do you give them proof of rejection of advising of retaking it? Do the schools you're applying to have to contact prometric.com?

Thanks in advance and thank you very much for sharing your inspirational story for all of us who are in the position you were in. It's very easy to get discourage and want to quit, but like you I'm still not giving up. Good luck getting into school, you deserve it!

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your kind words.
1. The Kaplan course didn't help me because honestly I learn better when I have someone teaching it to me like in Chads videos. I was basically forcing myself to learn all that material and not really grasping it I was just going through the motions. I did the online one so that was probably why I didn't feel it helped me. If you are taking onsite though it will probably benefit you more.

2. I didn't really take the quizzes on Chads website. I supplemented those with the crack the OAT natural science section. Those are honestly the closest to the material on the OAT. I was scoring 310s on the crack the OAT and ended up scoring a 330, 350 on the actual test. I think it is a tad harder but I had a couple identical questions on my actual test to be honest. The OAT destroyer has harder questions that are on the actual test but it does help you prepare well for it. Also with Chads videos he is teaching you EXACTLY what is on the OAT. I felt like Kaplan just gives you the general. The things that he would say would be on the OAT were and he would teach you easy quick ways to remember them. Like on the GC section there is math but we dont have a calculator. He shows you how to do things in your head quickly and let me be the first to say when it comes to simple math I literally am a finger counter. So for me to do math in my head quickly was astounding. Also, Chads videos were so cheap. I think I spent 60 for 30 days of access to everything.

3. The way I studied for the QR section was...odd. I watched Chads videos and they helped with problems that are commonly on there such as rate and age problems and he does show you easy ways to do it quickly but other than that I didn't find that section very helpful. What I did was I also bought OAT destroyer for the Math and Physics portions. I literally practiced the math problems and that is honestly the best advice I can give. The key is to use the calculator quickly. The math destroyer should do fine for you. Just make sure you fully understand why you missed a problem before moving on. That also helped me. I did use the Kaplan practice QR too the 3rd time and it did help raise my score so I do think it helps but if you do both I think you will be well prepared.

4. I know I was shocked with the 3 rule thing as well. What happened was after I had signed up and paid you have to wait for the eligibility number...well I got an email saying that I had to have proof of rejection or of an advisor suggesting me to retake it. I called the lady and all she said was to forward the email that I had received telling me to retake it. It was pretty easy to do. Honestly whenever I was debating taking it one more time I emailed all the schools freaking out asking them what to do because if I took it in Feb and did poorly I would have to wait a full year and it would put me late into the application cycle. NONE of the advisors were aware of the new rule so I was informing them basically. They just started this new rule Jan of this year.

It is VERY easy to get discouraged. But YOU CAN DO IT and DONT GIVE UP! Keep at it and just work your butt off! If you have any more questions just let me know I will be more than glad to help!

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you very much for answering my questions eyesontheprize1. If I have any more questions I will certainly ask you. I will not give up and yes I will work my butt off. Please keep us posted when you get in to school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, congrats on your exam scores! That's amazing! :) I read your post and thank you so much for posting your experience, you give others a lot of hope! I am also on the 4th try and I am doing Chad videos, & OAT destroyer. For math I am using the OAT achiever which brings 3 exams and the OAT destroyer. If you don't mind, I have a few questions. Do you think the Physics destroyer was helpful. What else do you recommend for physics? Because thats one of my weaknesses. Also, I see you mentioned the Crack the OAT...Do you recommend destroyer or crack the oat? Did you do both or did you use one more than the other? For the QR you did both destroyer and crack the oat? Also, how many subjects a day were you doing? Were you studying everyday? because I feel I need to study every subject every day or else I start forgetting the material. :/ Sorry for my questions and bothering but I am also struggling to bring my score up and its been a little tough, but I am determined to score higher. I am planning on taking it in about a month or little more. Thanks for your help!

You aren't bothering me at all! I completely understand and I am more than willing to help!

So the answer to some of your questions....

The OAT destroyer was helpful. The questions were more in depth and harder than what I thought was on the actual test, but it did help me. I mean granted I only got a 260 as my highest so clearly it didn't help me too well lol. I thought mainly that chads videos helped me the most with physics. It was finding practice problems that made it difficult. I would also go over physics every day since it is the one you struggle with. I tried doing that this time around which it did help my score.

I would recommend Crack the OAT before I would destroyer. The only reason I bought destroyer was because crack the OAT didn't have a physics section. They only had QR, RC, and then the full NS section. I only bought the NS section because it was the cheapest and it was what I needed to work on the most. If they would have had physics I would have gotten that. I know they have packages that have NS, QR and RC but I didn't buy that one bc I think it was more expensive. So the only reason I bought the destroyer was for physics specifically and then so I could take a full test. I did use Crack the OAT more but that was because I was working specifically with the NS section. It improved one of sections by 80 points so I highly recommend it especially if one of those is giving you fits.

For QR I did destroyer. I didn't buy the package that had QR in crack the OAT. If I could do it again I would have bought the full package from crack the OAT that had QR I have no doubt in my mind if I would have done that combined with chads videos I would have got above a 300 on that section.

Studying wise... I watched the physics section first on chads videos and then went over the notes every day. Then after I finished all of those I would start on gen chem videos and while doing those still go over my physics notes. Then when I finished the gen chem videos I would then do org chem videos but all while going over my gen chem notes as well as physics notes. And these notes I am talking about are the ones that Chad gives an outline of. I continued this process until I was finished with all videos. Once I finished the gen chem videos though I would start doing practice tests only on gen chem. I would take one and then go over it the next day. After I finished org chem videos I would take both gen chem practice tests and org chem tests. I continued this until about two days before test day. I studied pretty much everyday. Once I was taking tests though if they started falling I would take a day off bc honestly towards the end I was burning myself out. I work in the mornings from 5 am to 9 am and it is pretty laid back to where I can study and I would study the whole time at work. In the afternoons I would take a test. Also for bio I took those tests from day one I learned through taking tests.

Also, play your strengths. For example mine was reading. I didn't just not study it bc I was good at it. I continued to study it throughout. If you can kill two sections and do avg on the others then you can afford to have a boo boo on one. Mine was physics, but since my overall was good they seem to overlook that. I think as long as you don't have a 250 in a section they can overlook it.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions just let me know! Good luck on your studies! You will kill this next test!!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much for answering back all my questions. I really appreciate it! :) I will definitely keep you posted how I do. I am studying everyday and following your advise! I hope you get in where you want to go.

No problem I am more than willing to help because I know how discouraging it can be! You will do great! Just find something that works for you and stay positive.

I actually heard back from Indiana University of Optometry today and I will be attending there! So thank you for your kind words!

YOU CAN DO IT!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey there congrats on getting in! I feel like I will be in your shoes as I am a terrible test taker also but I feel really stupid asking you this but hopefully you can help. I am on a budget so trying to find books to prep for the OAT is difficult. I saw all the things you studied but I really don't have a clue where to find those things. Like Chad's videos? Not sure how to find those. Also where did you purchase your material from. I just don't know of anyone who has gone to Professional schools besides here. I just feel out of the loop when if comes to reading other forums since I don't know of these things. Anyways sorry to bother but if you could just breakdown where to buy these materials and how to find it I would appreciate it greatly!!

Hey there congrats on getting in! I feel like I will be in your shoes as I am a terrible test taker also but I feel really stupid asking you this but hopefully you can help. I am on a budget so trying to find books to prep for the OAT is difficult. I saw all the things you studied but I really don't have a clue where to find those things. Like Chad's videos? Not sure how to find those. Also where did you purchase your material from. I just don't know of anyone who has gone to Professional schools besides here. I just feel out of the loop when if comes to reading other forums since I don't know of these things. Anyways sorry to bother but if you could just breakdown where to buy these materials and how to find it I would appreciate it greatly!!

Hey,

You can purchase chad's videos from Course Saver - Google it. - It is cheap and his videos are totally worth it.

Thanks for the help. How is the Kaplan OAT book compared to others? Also is there other books anyone would recommend. I am really going to struggle with physics and need review on the biology and gen chem. Org Chem since I just took it shouldn't be much of a problem for me. Thanks again

I didn't want my studying to be expensive either so I got AP books and an ochem book from the library for free. :D

Sorry I am just getting to you! Chads videos or course saver I think I paid $60 for an all access for 30 days. TheMotivator is right you can just google Chads Videos and it should be the first thing that pops up. or just go to course saver .com (No space it just won't let me post it correctly on here for whatever reason). The Bio section on there isn't as great and I already had the Kaplan book so I used that the first couple times and then kind of knew the basics so honestly the last two times I took it I just took the practice tests over and over again and then after the practice test would read in depth why I got something wrong and such. If it was for example something I needed to see written out I would of course write it down and go over that later with the rest of my notes. Chads videos give you notes to print out to go along with it. I used it mainly for physics although I only got a 260 it did help improve my score. I used the Crack the OAT for the NS portion and they have other options but it was the cheapest I could find. Here is the link to the crack the oat packages...

http://www.crackoat.com/get.php

I got the royal flush package. For physics since Crack the OAT doesn't have simulation tests for that section I bought OAT destroyer off of Amazon. That you can also go into amazon and just type in OAT destroyer. The questions are harder on that than the actual test but it does help you prepare and know your stuff. I think Crack the OAT and Chads videos helped me the most. The Crack the OAT was so similar to the actual test I had some questions that were identical to test day. I honestly just cannot stress Chads videos enough. He goes over everything that is specifically on the test. Instead of going through my class notes or old textbooks and just trying to learn everything he goes through things that you need to know just for the OAT and what they normally ask about and stuff like that it is really helpful and narrows they broad subjects down. In the physics section especially I like I had so many 'Ah ha' moments it was unreal. I hope this helps! If you have any more specific questions feel free to PM me and I will be more than happy to answer them! Good luck in your studies and thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I worked in the mornings from 5 am to 9 am and during that time I watched the videos. Then at night I would take practice sectioned tests and review tests. So approximately 3 and a half hours in the morning since I was at work I didn't get the full 4 hours and at night I would say about 2 hours. So 5 and a half in total. I made a schedule. For example I would say okay I am going to complete these videos in the morning and if for some reason I didn't get them finished I would complete them at night and then do sectioned practice tests at night. Towards the end when I was finished with the videos I spent less time per day. Those were the more relaxed days. I would review the notes and then do a full NS section and that would be it. Also, I would try to set my study schedule for Mon-Fri and then if for some reason I didn't get everything together I would have Saturday and Sunday to complete it. Plus you need a break every now and then. I didn't not study on the weekend though. I would still go over my notes but I just wouldn't take practice tests. I get a lot of questions about how many hours/what my study schedule was like so I will try to make a sample one for you all and post it! Hope this helps!

When you took the OAT the first time around, did you apply to Optometry schools already? My concern is that if I re-take the OAT I will have to reapply to those optometry schools I want to go to and start the application process over ( since the data like letter of recommendation is not saved)

Sorry for the delayed response Lrivs92 but no I did not apply to schools with my first optometry score. On my application I had to put both my first try and second try. I took my second try in August and then my third try in November. My fourth try I took in February so I was retaking later in the cycle and still got in. Everything else in my OptomCas application was complete by early September. They were waiting on new scores that whole entire time and almost immediately after my fourth attempt I started getting invites to interviews even though I was so drastically late in the cycle.

Yes, I used Chads videos for physics. It was the only thing that I felt helped me.

Depending on your scores if you email the advisors at the schools they will tell you where you fall and what do to (some aren't as helpful as others). That was my problem in deciding to take it for the 4th time. Some schools weren't helpful at all in that decision, but IU was the most helpful. I talked to Joe Boes and he was the most helpful and encouraging. If you want to PM for more details on that you can. I don't know what schools you are planning on applying to. I hope this helps and I am so sorry for getting back so late!

Wow. just wow. seriously as I was reading your post all I could think in my head is THATS EXACTLY ME!!
I am glad to hear i'm not the only one thats the worst standardized test taker in the world too!!
This is my second attempt, but I still feel a little ehhh! but now reading your post i am motivated to do better this time around! I also thought kaplan was not helpful. now using CHad's videos and destroyer!

Thank you for your awesome advice!!!!!!!!!!!!

One question - you mentioned that you finished all material by week two. does that mean you finished watching all of chads videos all of his sections (physics, ochem, gen chem and biology) in two weeks???

and did you use crack the oat to take practice tests after reviewing your notes?

thank you!!!!!!!!

One question - you mentioned that you finished all material by week two. does that mean you finished watching all of chads videos all of his sections (physics, ochem, gen chem and biology) in two weeks???

and did you use crack the oat to take practice tests after reviewing your notes?

thank you!!!!!!!!

I don't know about anybody else, but I personally did not use Chad's videos for bio. They are still incomplete so instead I used CliffNotes AP Bio, Kaplan MCAT Bio, and Kaplan OAT (the one you can buy). I thought using all those resources was good enough. I also did some OAT Destroyer, but only finished about 1/4 of the problems.

I finished all of Chad's videos in about 4 weeks and then used the notes to study the rest of the time. I just went over the notes again and again and again.

For me, the only practice tests I found helpful were the ones by the ADA. Only 3 in total, but something is better than nothing.

There's three ADA practice tests? Can anyone direct me to where I can find these because I thought there was only one.

There's three ADA practice tests? Can anyone direct me to where I can find these because I thought there was only one.

There's the OAT which you probably found and then there is the 2007 and 2009 DATs- just search for them on google. The DATs don't have physics (and have PAT added), but otherwise they are essentially the same.

I am so sorry everyone! I hope I am not to late to answer some of your questions!

YES...I finished all of Chad's videos in two weeks. On another post I posted a mock study schedule of how I did it in two weeks and then focused on mainly tests after that!

I did not use Chad's videos for biology because they were incomplete. I went through the biology portion of the kaplan book and made handwritten notes of what I thought was important and tested on the most and what I had trouble with. Also, biology was one of my stronger sections. I also just did practice problems as a form of studying for that. So that way I was getting use to the way the questions were being asked.

hope this helps and once again I apologize for posting so late!

I honestly consider myself the worst standardized test taker in the world. If you looked at my SAT scores you would think I was an idiot. So for all of you who have taken the OAT once or twice and feel like giving up let me just share my embarrassing scores and studying along the way....

I took it the first time and honestly didn't study the best. I bought a kaplan practice book and went over a couple things and it definitely reflected in my scores. I also at the time of my schooling I had not taken Physics 2 or Organic 2. I scored the following....brace youself

QR 270
RC 310
BIO 260
GC 270
OC 280
PHY 240
TS 250
AA 270

I was upset of course but I honestly was not even sure what they meant I went into this test so blind. So for my second time I bought the Kaplan course which I do not recommend. I watched the lectures, read the books, took some tests but not all of them. I honestly still was afraid of physics because I hated it so much. Maybe did 3/4 of the course but still felt OKAY going into the test. Not confident though. I scored the following....

QR 250
RC 320
BIO 300
GC 270
OC 260
PHY 250
TS 270
AA 280

After this time I was like alright well I did bad again. I started making excuses for myself and decided to apply early anyways. I applied with these HORRIBLE scores and every school just suggested that I retake it. I thought okay it is time to crack down. Luckily my school load was not as bad so I decided maybe I didn't take the Kaplan course serious enough the first time so I decided to redo it. I got it for free with the money back policy if you don't get a high score. So once again Kaplan was all I used. This time going in I thought I should do better. I put the time in. I will be fine. Going into test day I was once again feeling OKAY still not confident.

QR 290
RC 270
BIO 300
GC 250
OC 290
PHY 240
TS 260
AA 270

When I got my scores I literally started crying. I was so upset and so mad at myself. Basically thought time wasted! I honestly was thinking the worst things possible at this point. That maybe I wasn't meant to be a doctor. That I just wasn't smart enough. Luckily my loving fiance (who just took his LSAT and did WELL above average) encouraged me to take it ONE MORE TIME. So I go to the process once more of signing up. To my dismay as of January 1st 2013 they changed it to where you can only take the OAT 3 times instead of an unlimited amount. The only way you can take it again is if you have proof of a rejection or an advising of retaking it. The catch is if I took it again I had to wait a FULL YEAR to take it again for a 5th time if that was really what I wanted to do. I IMMEDIATELY got upset. I was approved to take it for the FOURTH time.

So here I go trucking along on the 4th attempt. This time I went in it with a WHOLE different attitude. This was my last shot. I literally made a schedule and stuck to it. I had ONE month to prepare. I started googling other ways to study for this test. I came across ***********.com (Chads videos). I decided to give it a shot and watched every video. I got through all the material by week two and decided to go over my notes each day after and begin practice tests. I bought some off Crack the OAT. I took a practice test (Natural Science) every other day and reviewed it the day I wasn't taking one. Sense the natural science portion is the majority of the test this helped me with my stamina. Taking a test for 4 hours is not a good time for anyone and it gets to you.

I need to talk about chads videos a little more. He explained topics that are SPECIFICALLY on the OAT not like going through your text books not knowing what they test on. He made some topics even when I struggled with them in college go OHHHHHH I understand now. I wish I would have known that then. He makes you remember things. I still know things I didn't before because of him. Plus think about it you have spent your entire education watching a professor teach you something. I also can not stress enough TAKE PRACTICE TESTS! I literally never really took a practice test and it showed.

I also got mentally ready. I prayed every day and worked out to clear my mind. I would literally talk to myself positively before I took a test. It sounds silly but it helped.

So here we come. Night before the test. Every other time I crammed. Not this time. I looked my notes over one last time during the day and then mentally prepared myself. I worked out, relaxed, had a glass of wine, and went to bed early with a clear mind.

Test day....I walked in COMPLETELY confident. I literally played eye of the tiger and awolnations sail before walking in the testing center to get a rush. I told myself I would KILL this test and that NO ONE in that testing center was smarter than me and NO ONE wanted it more. It sounds so corny but it helps. I take my test and sail through the natural science section. If I started to get discouraged because of ONE question I thought of it this way. I need to get at least half of the questions right. You can do it. When the break came up...before I never took the break. This time I did. I went to the bathroom and literally did jumping jacks and jogged in place to keep my blood flowing. I talked to myself positively some more before heading back in to finish the test. I told myself from the beginning I was NOT going to look at the screen when it popped up and would just wait until I got to my car. I put the dry erase board they give you in front of the screen when it was loading. I saw the titles of the sections pop up and thought oh just a peek. First score I saw AMAZED me and I had to look...this is what I scored

QR 280
RC 340
BIO 290
GC 330
OC 350
PHY 260
TS 310
AA 310

:love: I was TOO excited. I literally thought those aren't my scores. I almost yelled in that testing center. I skipped out of there. I was honestly shooting for a 290 or a 300 AA. To get a 310 and even a 350 on OC. I was so excited. I did 80 points better on GC from my lowest to highest. That is INSANE.

Since then I have had interviews at everywhere I have applied and am waiting on acceptance letters.

I just wanted to share for anyone out there like me. DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED. ANYONE CAN DO IT!

I used this as motivation!!! Just so you know. I also took it 4 times and was really frustrated. I saw that you used Chad's videos so i got on and signed up. Best decision of my life! Went from a 290, 290, 300, to a 340 AA and a 310 TS...
Thank you so much for the motivation i received from reading your story!

So, give us the follow-up:). Did you end up getting in? How are things going? Where did you end up going?

Congratulations, Eyesontheprize1! After reading your story, I feel better. I took my OAT the first time and got AA 300, all schools suggested to retake the test since my GPA was on the low end. I didn't have much time to study and I was very discouraged to take it again. I basically went to the testing center feeling I was forced to do it and it was not my decision. I scored AA 290, some of my scores improved significantly, but some of them went down. I still reported the scores and I am still on hold at some schools. I had a interview at PCO and they saw both of my scores. I was put on wait list there and now I am just waiting. I was planning to study for the test again in the summer, but I didn't know you can only take it 3 times. Thanks for sharing that. I definitely have to study my best this time, but I am still hopeful that I will be off the list at PCO soon. Thank you and I hope you are having a great first year!

QR 270
RC 310
BIO 260
GC 270
OC 280
PHY 240
TS 250
AA 270

QR 250
RC 320
BIO 300
GC 270
OC 260
PHY 250
TS 270
AA 280

QR 290
RC 270
BIO 300
GC 250
OC 290
PHY 240
TS 260
AA 270

QR 280
RC 340
BIO 290
GC 330
OC 350
PHY 260
TS 310
AA 310

Hey I'm just like you standardized test aren't my forte. My question is how did you go about getting a forth test .like did you have the schools that rejected or wanted you to retake it send the letter it to the ADA. Because I can't take mine again till January of 2016! I mean I know I can do it I'm turning discourage to hiscourage !

thanks for sharing your experience and congrats on your score!! i'm not so great at standardized exams either...i hate multiple choice =( how did you approach each question and were there any techniques that you used? what is the best software to buy to fully prepare me for the exam?

Man I'm glad I followed eyesontheprizes advice I shall now show my scores

QR 300
RC 290
Bio 310
GC 320
OC 310
PHY 290
TT 300
AA 300

So yeah don't be discouraged you got this Bud!!

Reactions: 1 users
Is the oat like any other standardized test? I've been studying for about 2 weeks now and I'm stressing over it. I really hope my over all score is 300 or above. Any advice? Thanks.

Thank you so so so much!!! Your post is super inspirational and thank you again for sharing your personal experience with us. That helps me a lot going through the whole process.