Doing an Honors thesis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HussainGQ

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I do not get accepted into any post-bacc. program, then I will be going back to my undergrad institution in the fall. If do that, should I consider doing an Honors Thesis along with taking a few other science classes, or should I take just the usual upper level science classes, and not worry about the honors? Would doing the honors make me a more competitive applicant when applying to med school?How??

Members don't see this ad.

If you had any chance of getting your thesis published in ANY journal it would be time well spent. Your best bet is to find a lab that is working on something related to your thesis and tie the two together. If the PI of the lab is good, they should know the journal hierarchy and know how and where to get you published.

I am doing exactly this while I working through my post-bacc.

Good luck,

ock

HussainGQ said:
If I do not get accepted into any post-bacc. program, then I will be going back to my undergrad institution in the fall. If do that, should I consider doing an Honors Thesis along with taking a few other science classes, or should I take just the usual upper level science classes, and not worry about the honors? Would doing the honors make me a more competitive applicant when applying to med school?How??