Does Shaq have a fused 1st MTPJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

p100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was told by an attending one time that Shaquille O'Neal played for 2 years in the NBA with a fused 1st MTPJ. Is this true? I cannot find any evidence or PM News articles to corroborate this story.

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that he played with bilateral TMAs

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh wow Shaq played with a craniotomy

Oh wow Shaq was operated on by a podiatrist

Reactions: 1 user
Oh wow Shaq is a pediatrician in his free time?

LeBron has a foot problem, out for long period of time
lamelo ball also with broken ankle and out for rest of the year

I am certain they are both being seen by podiatrists and we are making a difference in the league

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the story. Now I can further reassure patients that a MPJ fusion is an even better choice if a professional 500 pound NBA superstar can handle it.

I personally would have ortho fix my broken ankle if it was me.

Thanks for the story. Now I can further reassure patients that a MPJ fusion is an even better choice if a professional 500 pound NBA superstar can handle it.

I personally would have ortho fix my broken ankle if it was me.
Hard to speak that broadly. I would go with a surgeon I have worked with that’s good, ortho or pod. Ive worked with many orthopedic surgeons that were hacks (foot and ankle fellowship including)

Hard to speak that broadly. I would go with a surgeon I have worked with that’s good, ortho or pod. Ive worked with many orthopedic surgeons that were hacks (foot and ankle fellowship including)

Sorry if you’ve had a less than stellar experience. The orthopods I’ve trained with and currently work with are top notch. We do cases together and bounce consults off each other.

Sorry if you’ve had a less than stellar experience. The orthopods I’ve trained with and currently work with are top notch. We do cases together and bounce consults off each other.
Don’t get me wrong, if you told me to pick from a random ortho vs random pod, it would be ortho no doubt haha

Reactions: 3 users
I just bought one of those big Shaq chairs for my office. I assure you: the assembly manual said nothing of his first MPJ.

Discovery Shut Up GIF by Shark Week

Reactions: 1 users

did Lebron go to a ABPM certified podiatrist or ABFAS?

oh wait we know it was ortho

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

did Lebron go to a ABPM certified podiatrist or ABFAS?

oh wait we know it was ortho

Lol.

You can never be so sure. I don't follow LeBrons ongoings and am not sure what the exact injury was, but reading it was his 3rd opinion...wouldn't be surprised if someone sold him a $5k amniofix injection for his peroneal tear. Haha.