Does credentialling transfer from job to job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychferlyfe3000

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I credential at a given job as a 1099 employee, will that credentialing still apply if I change jobs?

Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, so there is no advantage at all to having been credentialed in the past?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm intrigued, OP, what were you thinking the advantages might be?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Okay, so there is no advantage at all to having been credentialed in the past?
Having been credentialed for an insurance company for a previous job can make credentialing go faster for the next job.

Nope.

And so that's part of the reason why data repostitories were manadated to exist like CAQH. A few insurance companies lean into it heavily, but yet they still require THEIR forms and everything just gets repeated. Yet the very government that created CAQH - doesn't use if for medicaid or medicare, which have their own application/portals.

So now the data repositories are an extra papercut not a bandaid as intended.

Oh, and for the CMS required 90 day directory review, some use CAQH others, use different intenties. "Better Doctor" is just horrible. They never have their facts right. You update it. Then the next cycle they changed them all wrong again.

Another minor weight on the scale nudging people to completely out and just do cash only.

Reactions: 2 users
The inefficiencies are keeping hundreds of thousands of people employed I wager

Reactions: 2 users
If I credential at a given job as a 1099 employee, will that credentialing still apply if I change jobs?

Thanks everyone.
There are some nuances here. If you were individually credentialed to a payor at a previous location, it can make adding a new location (e.g a new employer or a new private practice) much faster. If you were credentialed to a group in a proxy sort of way at your previous job, then it does not provide any advantage to have been credentialed in the past.

The inefficiencies are keeping hundreds of thousands of people employed I wager
This is why a single payer system would save $$$ based on cutting the administrative bloat alone. Imagine ONE standardized claims form for every patient.

Reactions: 1 users
Imagine how incredible the US could be if there wasn't a huge dedicated propaganda machine making its citizenry doubt its own government.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Shame, the very people who to established the government in the first place did so out of distrust of government and with the mindset to restrain it. Fixed this for you:
Imagine how incredible the US could continue to be if there wasn't a huge dedicated propaganda machine making its citizens believe the government has solutions to their problems.