does anyone take those free kaplan practice OAT exams online?

jdom29

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if you guys have taken those free kaplan practice OAT exams online? if so, do you think it's an accurate measure of how the real OAT is? if not, would you consider the kaplan OAT harder or easier?

Members don't see this ad.

jdom29,

I wanted to let you know we also have a preview class coming up this Tuesday evening if you wanted to see what a Kaplan class is like also. As for the OAT practice tests, I love them. I think its a fantastic way to get an idea of what the test is all about.

Just go to this link and type in your zip code and click "find a free event" button!

http://www.kaptest.com/OAT/Explore-the-OAT/Anatomy-of-the-OAT/oat-practice-test.html

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Patrick

I did the practice one online a few days before my actual oat and I thought it was pretty helpful because it was the first practice test I did that was in the computer based test format. The material was pretty good too, but I actually ended up scoring higher on the actual oat.

In my opinion, the more practice tests, the better. The answers were also explained very well.

Tina

Thanks for the feedback Tina! Happy to hear it!

As the saying goes: "Fortune favors the prepared..." The more practice the better!

Patrick

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead but I was wondering if anyone else has taken both the OAT and used the Kaplan free OAT exams online. The only response is from a Kaplan rep so I was hoping for an unbiased point of view on how helpful it is.

Thanks a bunch guys!

I took the kaplan class and the free tests they provide online. I took the OAT two times.

The first time I took the OAT, I relied only on kaplan. When it came to the actual OAT, I felt really unprepared for the biology section. The questions on the biology section seemed more specific then the kaplan tests. I scored 340 in biology on all the kaplan practice tests I took and 290 on the actual oat.

Second time I took the OAT, I bought the oat destroyer which has hundreds of questions in every section which are completely different then what you will see on kaplan tests. The questions in the OAT destroyer are harder but if you can answer those then the OAT will be a piece of cake for you. I felt way more prepared and scored 350 on the biology section and all my scores went up by 20-30 points.

I think you have to review more notes and questions outside of kaplan to feel fully prepared for the oat. I still recommend you buy the kaplan review notes or take a kaplan class. To answer your question, I think the kaplan oat is easier than the real oat, and personally for me did not seem to be an accurate measure.

One more thing, I registered for a kaplan of the free tests over the summer and they all had the same question.