Does anyone plan on applying to Medprep (SIU)? or already has?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a invite to Admissions day!:) I'm pretty excited but nervous because I'm not sure what to expect as far as interviews and testing..anyone in the program or cycle 1 that can offer some help? Thanks!

I got an invite too! What day are you going?

Members don't see this ad.

i think either feb 19th or march 1st. you?

Members don't see this ad :)
For all of you that got an interview invite to MEDPREP, I wish you well. Unfortunately, I didn't get an invite but I didn't put all of my eggs into that basket; Lord willing, I'll hear from Touro-Nevada, Midwestern-Glendale, and Rosalind Franklin soon. Keep me in y'alls prayers!

For all of you that got an interview invite to MEDPREP, I wish you well. Unfortunately, I didn't get an invite but I didn't put all of my eggs into that basket; Lord willing, I'll hear from Touro-Nevada, Midwestern-Glendale, and Rosalind Franklin soon. Keep me in y'alls prayers!

Graduate2be, I will keep you in my prauers! I also applied to those programs except for Rosalind Franklin. Did you apply to Touro College? BTW, do Touro or Midwestern have linkage agreements? It says no, but I was wondering if there are linkages..

Graduate2be, I will keep you in my prauers! I also applied to those programs except for Rosalind Franklin. Did you apply to Touro College? BTW, do Touro or Midwestern have linkage agreements? It says no, but I was wondering if there are linkages..

I've spoken with the admissions coordinator and he indicated that they (Touro-Nevada) have plans to set aside seats for up to 20% of the graduating MHS class each year. There also may be some guaranteed interview opportunities at Touro-California. As far as Midwestern, if you have what they consider an acceptable MCAT score (27+) and have done well in the MA Biomedical Sciences (3.5+), they will guarantee you an interview at the medical school. From what I have heard (spoken with Dr. Bell), their graduates have done well with getting in at Midwestern, Univ. of Arizona, and a few other D.O./M.D. granting institutions. If you e-mail him (just search his name on their web site), he'll e-mail you some informal med school admissions stats that he's been keeping for the last couple of years on the graduates of the M.A. Biomedical Sciences classes.

I am a little nervous about coming out to interview for this program with the tests and all. I did not prepare for them : ( and I hope the admission decision is not based on the test performance. Did anyone else prepare for the upcoming admissions day tests or am I the only loser who didn't lol

I am a little nervous about coming out to interview for this program with the tests and all. I did not prepare for them : ( and I hope the admission decision is not based on the test performance. Did anyone else prepare for the upcoming admissions day tests or am I the only loser who didn't lol

When is your interview? I was told you can't really study for them

you really don't need to study. I would just get a good nights rest for the long day.

Is the interview one-on-one or with a panel?

You have two interviews in between testing. and both interviews are one-on-one. they ask the same exact questions though so that's really helpful

You have two interviews in between testing. and both interviews are one-on-one. they ask the same exact questions though so that's really helpful

Thanks so much Texasgal87, your posts have been really helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is this message board so quiet? You'd think people are scared to have an opinion about this program lol?

Why is this message board so quiet? You'd think people are scared to have an opinion about this program lol?
I think since interviews are over people are just sitting and waiting.

I guess.....but with every other program on the SDN network theres constant dialouge and feedback. Here its a ghost town :/
Kinda makes you wonder

Does anyone know when cycle 2 applicants will hear about their status?

Does anyone know when cycle 2 applicants will hear about their status?

The ADCOM is supposed to notify everyone before the end of this month. So specifically we should all know our status by this time next week! Best of luck to you and all of us!:luck:

I was just wondering if anyone has heard back yet? Do you know if they will be informing us via snail or email?

April 7th is the target date to hear back

April 7th is the target date to hear back

Did you find out this date from Layla? And am I the only one that's anxious?? :scared: Tomorrow seems so far away.

Last edited:
Did you find out this date from Layla? And am I the only one that's anxious?? :scared: Tomorrow seems so far away. At this point it's really short notice....

If you got in, you should get an email. I just got an email saying I was accepted.

I haven't received an email or letter yet :/
That probably doesn't bode well for me I guess.
When did you guys go to admissions day?

I haven't received an email or letter yet :/
That probably doesn't bode well for me I guess.
When did you guys go to admissions day?

We actually had the same day Feb 26th.

That really doesn't bode well for me lol
I'll give the office a call tomorrow if I don't hear anything later today. I actually felt really good about getting into this program, the tests were alot easier than what everyone had made them out to be, but oh well

That really doesn't bode well for me lol
I'll give the office a call tomorrow if I don't hear anything later today. I actually felt really good about getting into this program, the tests were alot easier than what everyone had made them out to be, but oh well

I dont think that having the same admissions day implies anything negative. I would stick to your original plan and call them they already are running behind schedule.

I just got my email and have been place on the "high alternative list" whatever that means lol. Congratulations to everyone who got into medprep, I hear its a wonderful program and just getting accepted means your a shoe in to medical school. :)

Last edited:
After reading your posts, I feel like I'll re-live all those experiences: anxious about my interview in November, will patiently wait to hear back from them, pray and hope I get in......wow!!

Well, am just reviewing some old kaplan lesson books [bio and physics] oh my....I really do hope I get in:xf:

[[This is kinda crazy cos I sort of put all my eggs in one backet:oops:: SIU MEDPREP]]

Any advice/ words of encouragment would be vastly appreciated :)

I have been seriously considering applying to SIU medprep but dont know if I am ready to apply yet. Im a second semester junior with a 2.78 (grades for this current semester haven't come out yet). Should I apply directly to MEDPREP? do I have a chance of getting in?