Does accounting or finance count as a math requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thenextcarnegie

D.D.S. Candidate
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

I just had a really quick question about some schools with the math requirement. I have 4 credits in Statistics and I have a ton of credits in accounting and finance from my degree. Will this count towards the math credits that some schools have listed at 6? (i.e. Columbia) Thanks and do let me know?

Members don't see this ad.

It should come from a mathematics dept, not business dept.
They may not accept it. But you need to ask them, only they can give you the definitive answer.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE: Hey guys! You actually can use Finance or Accounting as math credits. I called the office and they said that it is fine.

Hope this helps any prospective students!

UPDATE: Hey guys! You actually can use Finance or Accounting as math credits. I called the office and they said that it is fine.

Oh sweet! I stand corrected.

Also P.S.......London is red ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Oh sweet! I stand corrected.

Also P.S.......London is red ;)
Hahaha in your dreams buddy...unless you guys kick out Wegner. Sorry for going off topic, but yeah, future reference for all pre-dents if you have a question that you don't have an answer for just call the office. The people at the end of the line are quite nice and polite, not the heartless demons we imagine up in our heads. :p

Hahaha in your dreams buddy...unless you guys kick out Wegner. Sorry for going off topic, but yeah, future reference for all pre-dents if you have a question that you don't have an answer for just call the office. The people at the end of the line are quite nice and polite, not the heartless demons we imagine up in our heads. :p
Oh come on!! Your club was formed in 2003. London is always red.

Hi there! Not sure if you're still on this forum but I was just wondering whicj school confirmed that accounting and finance could be used as math? Thanks!