Do CC credits count for dental schools (Accounting Major)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmoney0305

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I’m a sophomore at University of Miami wanting to go pre-dental. Im an accounting major right now and was wondering if I could take pre-reqs for dental school at community college since Umiami classes are 5k each. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah you can, but some schools are very particular on how many CC credits you can take. I think anywhere from 40-60 max or none at all. I would do some research on possible schools that will accept CC credits. You don’t want to apply to schools that won’t, you’d be throwing your money away.

Agreed... some schools will state a limit of around 60 credit hours (2 full years). I'd also check your home institution on the policies of being able to credit your CC coursework towards your degree. Pay close attention to the type of science classes you take at your CC as they should be transferable as credit for appropriate science-rigorous courses you would have taken at your 4Y institution. Basically don't take the prereqs that say they are for non-majors or allied health majors.

Interesting. You are willing to shell out 5K per course for a major that you may be destined to give marginal attention, yet you want to save some clams by skimping on adequate preparation for what is going to be the most critical decision in your quest.