Does a LOR from a microbiology lab professor count as one from a science professor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s.cho18

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a biology/philosophy major and have an LOR from two non-science teachers, a physician I worked with, my supervisor during my time as an RA, my A&P teacher, and my microbiology lab professor who I also worked with as a LA. It’s the last one I’m kind of worried about? I know schools require two LOR from science teachers and it seems like a dumb question but would the one from my micro lab teacher count for that? I wasn’t sure if it only pertained to lecture professors or if it depended on the individual schools.

Members don't see this ad.

What is the microbiology lab professor's title? That's what I generally look at (the title and the department below the signature) to determine if something is from a science teacher.

What is the microbiology lab professor's title? That's what I generally look at (the title and the department below the signature) to determine if something is from a science teacher.
From her email and website, it said (PhD)
Supervisor of Laboratory Operations
General Microbiology- Division of Life Sciences
Office of Undergraduate Education

That's somewhat ambiguous. Not sure if that person has a faculty appointment or if they are a staff member in the office of undergraduate education, division of life sciences.

I was looking for something like Instructor, Department of Biology or Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry,