Acquiring an LOR from Foreign Language Professor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mememilcious

Reaction score
Hello,

Would it be a viable option to ask my foreign language professor to write a LOR for medical school, since some schools require a humanities/non-science faculty letter? My worry is that they may not know much about the medical school process to write a strong one.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Would it be a viable option to ask my foreign language professor to write a LOR for medical school, since some schools require a humanities/non-science faculty letter? My worry is that they may not know much about the medical school process to write a strong one.

Any thoughts?
Give them the AAMC guidance.

Also

Reactions: 1 users
A faculty member can tell us so much about your classroom participation, how you take responsibility for your own learning, your willingness to ask for help when it is needed and to offer it when you are in a position to help fellow learners. It doesn't matter what the subject is, instructors have insights that the Adcom values and the AAMC directives for letter writers can be very helpful to us in assuring that the writer tells us what they have observed about you. (we have your grades, scores, and activities as well as your personal statement and a LOR writer need not reiterate any of that).

Reactions: 1 user