DoD Establishes Center for Recruiting and Retention to Improve Medical Staffing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
[QUOTEFrom the fake press release department:

Immediate Release
November 10, 2008

DoD Establishes Center for Recruiting and Retention to Improve Medical Staffing

In order to address the problem of recruiting and retention in the MHS, the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs is pleased to announce the creation of the Center for Recruiting and Retention (DCRaR) for Medical Personnel. The Center will lead a national collaborative network of federal agencies including the Veterans’ Administration to study medical human capital and foster a culture of retention in the MHS. The DCRaR concept features a holistic approach led by an interdisciplinary team of contractors situated in a new $50 million, 50,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art facility located on the Walter Reed National Medical Center campus. The Center will act as a hub for cutting edge research, technology and education to support this critical effort.

:)
[/QUOTE]

Ideally followed by a supporting story: "In a dramatic reversal, the Center for Recruiting and Retention decided to take the $50 million earmarked for the facility and distribute the cash evenly amongst all active duty physicians as an auxiliary special bonus instead. Morale immediately rose, along with liquor sales on several base shoppettes."

I tried but SDN wouldn't let me change my status to "human capital"

Go figure.

Members don't see this ad :)
The sad thing is can't you just see something like the DCRaR really happening

Lies, damn lies, and a statistic or two thrown in for good measure.

How about, reasonable work hours, secretarial support, CME, raising our bonus (not the re-enlisment ones), limiting all deployments to 6 months max and fixing AHLTA?

Can I have my $50 million consulting fee?

Thats $1000 per square foot.

Now if only the people working in the system could afford a home that nice, they might be willing to put up with a little more the of the BS.

On second thought, I would have left regardless of the money.

i want out (of IRR)

This is such a joke. If they took that money and hired some secretaries and technicians so that military doctors would be allowed to practice more medicine and spend less time functioning as clerks/techs, then retention would increase a lot more then hiring some annoying admin people who will want to raise moral by having free snow cone day or something.

This is such a joke. If they took that money and hired some secretaries and technicians so that military doctors would be allowed to practice more medicine and spend less time functioning as clerks/techs, then retention would increase a lot more then hiring some annoying admin people who will want to raise moral by having free snow cone day or something.

Totally agree, but a snowcone does sound good right now.

Totally agree, but a snowcone does sound good right now.

Except that you won't have time to go to it b/c you'll be super busy in clinic screening all of your patients and acting as the clinic secretary. Meanwhile all the techs and secretaries will be sitting around doing nothing and eating the snow cones.

Except that you won't have time to go to it b/c you'll be super busy in clinic screening all of your patients and acting as the clinic secretary. Meanwhile all the techs and secretaries will be sitting around doing nothing and eating the snow cones.

good point. that sucks. I wanted a snow cone.

When we got back from our last out-of-town training thingy, my guys in the rear had rented a grills and cooked up about 200 hamburgers and hotdogs, and also had a bunch of chips and sides, and a whole ****load of beer. It was sitting there waiting for us as we got off the bus.

My billet rocks. Yours blows nuts.

At the hospital I wouldn't have gotten a snow cone. At my billet now my corpsmen would fight for me to get one. Operationally, our corpsmen look out for us. In a clinic they eat all the snowcones.

My billet has it's perks. . . more to come later.

At the hospital I wouldn't have gotten a snow cone. At my billet now my corpsmen would fight for me to get one. Operationally, our corpsmen look out for us. In a clinic they eat all the snowcones.

My billet has it's perks. . . more to come later.

While snow cones are good, I would rather have shave ice.:love: