do you follow your own advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Roxicet

warning: I'm addictive!
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you know that you should not drink alcohol while taking certain drugs, do you also follow this advice that you would give to your patients, or do you down that tequila shot? Just curious. I wonder if I'm gonna need a liver transplant on Monday.
pfohnmacht.gif
It's kinda like how doctors tell their patients to get a lot of rest, eat well, and exercise, but they often don't themselves.

Members don't see this ad.

You're getting hammered tonight, karma?
action-smiley-060.gif

Moderation?...not in this town!
food-smiley-022.gif

...well, I wouldn't be drinking alcohol when taking certain drugs.

...then again, neither I, nor many of my classmates (to the best of my knowledge) are on meds that would cause a problem with "binge drinking"...not that I condone this behavior either ;)

Well, the methylprednisolone makes your stomach a little more sensitive to stuff like alcohol, aspirin,etc (perhaps due to inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis). You won't crap out your liver, but somewhat excessive alcohol intake would put you in greater risk of developing ulcers if you also take glucocorticoids. It's good to like your organs!