DO waitlist support thread 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Movement happens until class starts. I know people who got in the day classes started. Movement will probably be limited, but it'll happen

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I checked these threads religiously last cycle (I was waitlisted) and again this cycle (waitlisted again). I finally got pulled off last Friday! Hold on to your faith guys, your day is coming!

Reactions: 14 users
Over the weekend there was movement reported at PCOM PA, Marian, and KCU.

Today there was movement reported at CCOM, ATSU SOMA, ACOM, AZCOM, NSU Tampa campus, and Rowan.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I checked these threads religiously last cycle (I was waitlisted) and again this cycle (waitlisted again). I finally got pulled off last Friday! Hold on to your faith guys, your day is coming!

Congrats! Where were you accepted?

I was accepted off the waitlist today for my top choice! I am so grateful for all of the support and advice that I have received from this forum, and I hope that all of you end up at the best medical schools for you :) I will continue to try to offer support in any way I can, as this journey is not easy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 11 users
Hey peeps! Fellow waitlister here. Yeah that's it just wanted to say hi.

Reactions: 10 users
Someone please tell me there was WL movement today :/ also regarding the June 15th MD deadline, is there usually a lot of movement with that?

Today there was movement reported at AZCOM, ARCOM, and LECOM Erie.

Reactions: 3 users
Soo when should I start getting serious about my backup A :( Still waiting on first choice waitlist

I think for those of you who are still waiting for an acceptance, now might be a good idea to schedule a full physical examination and check to see if your vaccinations are up-to-date (Most schools have the same requirement for vaccinations/physical exams, TB tests, and some schools also ask for antibody titers of Hep B, MMR, and Varicella). You will most likely be paying for these exams out of pocket anyway so might as well get them done now.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is what I did, and it sped things up when it came to submitting health records.
I think for those of you who are still waiting for an acceptance, now might be a good idea to schedule a full physical examination and check to see if your vaccinations are up-to-date (Most schools have the same requirement for vaccinations/physical exams, TB tests, and some schools also ask for antibody titers of Hep B, MMR, and Varicella). You will most likely be paying for these exams out of pocket anyway so might as well get them done now.

Reactions: 2 users

Hurray for working at a family medicine clinic, I got all this done months ago for dirt cheap. Docs I work with charged me what they pay for vaccines and I got a 80% discount through LabCorp for being self pay.

Reactions: 1 user
Soo when should I start getting serious about my backup A :( Still waiting on first choice waitlist
If your current A is located in a rural area I would start looking for a place to stay asap.

No waitlist movement reported today.

Edit: Turn those frowns upside down, there was an acceptance reported at UIWSOM, user stated they would be withdrawing acceptances from NYITCOM and VCOM-Auburn.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Yup! The MD school that offered me a deferred acceptance said in the email it was for applicants without an acceptance.

I was in a DO program already and they didn’t know since those two services don’t communicate (except if their both TMDSAS schools).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
hi would you mind telling which school was that to give you the deferred acceptance?

Today there was movement reported at ATSU SOMA, BCOM, LECOM Erie campus, NYITCOM JB campus, and OU-HCOM Athens campus.

Reactions: 7 users
Today there was WL movement reported at ACOM, DMU, and Touro Harlem. I saw a couple of users who are on this thread were accepted today, congratulations!

Edit: After 5pm PST, there was movement reported at Western Pomona

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I'm waitlisted at two schools, AZCOM & CCOM, but currently getting my AACOMAS and AMCAS application ready in case I don't get in this fall. Can I submit those primaries while I am still on a WL or do I have to wait until August when I know for sure I'm not accepted?

I'm waitlisted at two schools, AZCOM & CCOM, but currently getting my AACOMAS and AMCAS application ready in case I don't get in this fall. Can I submit those primaries while I am still on a WL or do I have to wait until August when I know for sure I'm not accepted?
You can reapply while on a wl.

KCU-Joplin accepted someone off the waitlist today.
Today there was WL movement reported at ACOM, DMU, and Touro Harlem. I saw a couple of users who are on this thread were accepted today, congratulations!

Edit: After 5pm PST, there was movement reported at Western Pomona

Waitlisted for kcu and vcom, this is a tough life lol debating retaking the mcat and applying late or just reapply

Today there was movement reported at KCU and TUNCOM.

Movement reported at VCOM-LA today.

Movement reported at CCOM today.

Idk if this is just a slow week or if movement has now slowed but I’ll only be editing the larger post on the first page with updates from now on.

Reactions: 4 users
You’re welcome! Glad I could channel my nervous energy into something that’s hopefully helpful to everyone. And thank you!! To anyone else reading, confirming the accuracy would be great help! I’m only human lol and tbh I don’t understand some of the WL situations since they do not apply to me.

Sad, I'm going to miss the daily updates :cryi:

Okay well judging by the likes on that last post, I might just continue the daily updates depending on how much movement there is otherwise it’ll be a weekly update. I will continue to update the main post daily though.

You know I like to keep things spicy so I made another poll and I appreciate any participation.

Reactions: 9 users
Today there was movement reported at AZCOM, LMU-DCOM, WCU, and DMU. Edits will be made later if any more acceptances are reported today.

edit: Movement reported at Touro Nevada

Also thanks to everyone who has been participating in the polls, it will remain open for the next month. I’ll likely do one more poll in late July/early August to wrap it up. Praying for everyone who has reported that they have no acceptances and are waiting for WL movement (including myself lol), the numbers show that we’re not alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
There's also been movement at chsu and at Acom, but they weren't posted.

How much movement is there typically in July? Trying to gauge my chances.

Today there was movement reported at Touro Harlem, KCU, PCOM-PA, CHSU, and Marian.

Here’s to hoping July comes with good news!

Reactions: 8 users
I’m scheduled to retake the MCAT next week, desperately hoping that I get an acceptance before test day :hungover:

Got off waitlist at VCOM-LA today!!!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Just got off the waitlist for KYCOM!

Thanks friends!!

Time to be honest... most times I see when you’ve been accepted when you announce on school specific threads and even though we may not have directly interacted, I get a surge of happiness for you seeing your username pop up in those threads! Thank you all for sharing your journey here with everyone and congratulations again to those who were accepted today! :)

I sure hope that with all the good karma points you've accumulated from sharing WL movement with everyone it'll redeem you an acceptance for this upcoming class. :)

Reactions: 5 users
I sure hope that with all the good karma points you've accumulated from sharing WL movement with everyone it'll redeem you an acceptance for this upcoming class. :)
Aw shucks you guys are getting me in my feelings! I hope we all get good news this month, we’re certainly off to a good start!

In addition to our friends who were accepted to KYCOM and VCOM LA today, there was also movement reported at WCU and LMU-DCOM.

Reactions: 4 users