DO waitlist support thread 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Probs not. But activism and speaking up against injustice is more important than what adcoms think imo. As long as you stay safe, “do no harm”, and avoid precarious situations then you’d be fine to protest. Maybe keep social media private until you get that acceptance but that’s an unspoken rule for every applicant lol
Yeah I was joking but my main concern was definitely being on the news lol, I just ended up handing out water and granola bars

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Another week :D It's June already guys.

This cycle has not been good to my hairline. Anyone else receding?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The stress made my beard grow in thicker so I guess thats good :(

Reactions: 1 user
Lol I've been on minoxidil and I've been thinking about restarting finasteride

Can you imagine discovering an OMM maneuver that like stimulates blood flow to the scalp that helps with male pattern baldness? Omm would finally have legitimacy among the sdn veterans aka older gents and I could retire by 30

Reactions: 2 users
I’m just worried about it’s effect on what makes me a man lol. Anything that messes with your hormones is sketchy.

Can you imagine discovering an OMM maneuver that like stimulates blood flow to the scalp that helps with male pattern baldness? Omm would finally have legitimacy among the sdn veterans aka older gents and I could retire by 30
That's some blood bending stuff from Avatar right there lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Over the weekend there was movement reported at VCOM-Louisiana, CUSOM, WCUSOM, and PCOM-South GA (user was accepted last week but posted on SDN this week).

Today there was movement reported at CCOM, Sam Houston, KYCOM-Pikeville, DMU, Rowan, and Touro-Harlem.

And shoutout to everyone for keeping this a positive thread! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Over the weekend there was movement reported at VCOM-Louisiana, CUSOM, WCUSOM, and PCOM-South GA (user was accepted last week but posted on SDN this week).

Today there was movement reported at CCOM, Sam Houston, KYCOM-Pikeville, DMU, Rowan, and Touro-Harlem.

And shoutout to everyone for keeping this a positive thread! :)
You call all the talk about hair loss positive?? :1whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Would you guys sacrifice your hair and never have it grow back to get accepted off your top choice WL?

Would you guys sacrifice your hair and never have it grow back to get accepted off your top choice WL?
Yep
4ACBE023-5E77-42AE-A1B6-09A2CB25157B.jpeg

The only thing I’m growing is wider from all the stress eating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm the opposite, I'm using this time to workout or I did for the first month of quarantine anyway, now its kind of lay in bed to avoid being judged by the parents kind of a deal

Yeah kinda stopped working out, the tremendous weight of if I’ll get accepted or not gives me a pretty good pump.

My workout during this time is chasing and taking care of my cat. It's definitely a workout, with no regard to the time or my energy levels.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

I’m starting to become more pessimistic about my chances of getting off of the waitlist. Has the majority of movement for most DO schools already occurred, or is it delayed this year?
I feel that, I started my accepted student checklist for SGU just incase :(

• Wow
I’m starting to become more pessimistic about my chances of getting off of the waitlist. Has the majority of movement for most DO schools already occurred, or is it delayed this year?
I think this is it, many schools also updated the c/o 2024 profiles for this upcoming application cycle already.

What specifically do you think updating the class of 2024 profile indicates?
I think most of the spots are filled/locked down with deposits so they can confidently pull the c/o 2024 averages such as c/sGPA, MCAT score, age, and demographics.

Are you talking about the facebook pages or class rosters when you say profile?

Are you talking about the facebook pages or class rosters when you say profile?
I am referring to the "Competitive stats for admission" page on the schools' websites.

Damn, June June June. Is it time to click on the submit button on AACOMAS 2021 now?

I would be very cautious about applying to SGU. I have heard many distressing stories about students going to SGU and not being able to graduate, leaving them to pay for massive private loans without an MD degree. Have you considered podiatry school? The admission stats are much more relaxed.
Yeah i have considered all of it, but still on the fence of going.

Man after being on 5 MD/DO waitlists this year I dunno if I can handle the emotional trauma of reapplying again

I agree, I've been on a waitlist since September. It's been a truly agonizing and frustrating process.
You were waitlisted at the same time I took my MCAT, which feels like an eternity ago.

• Sad
I agree, I've been on a waitlist since September. It's been a truly agonizing and frustrating process.

I think the secret to unlocking an A is submitting your application for next year haha. Seems like people get an A right after doing that

• Haha
I was WL in September too :( I feel you
Same, waitlisted in October. The wait is agonizing but it’s not over yet! Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

edit: GD, it’s been so long that I can’t keep my months straight. Was waitlisted in October not Nov.

Last edited:
Same, waitlisted in November. The wait is agonizing but it’s not over yet! Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Optimism is key! We will all end up where we are meant to be :)

I hear you and relate 100%. I've been on my WL since October. Hell hath no fury like a scorned premed on a WL

Just got an email from my first choice either to accept their Masters program or my application will be closed. This sucks ☹️

Just got an email from my first choice either to accept their Masters program or my application will be closed. This sucks

So that’s their way of saying that movement is done at their school??

So that’s their way of saying that movement is done at their school??

They often send emails out to all of those whose email addresses are on file, I think.

I'm a reapplicant so I feel for you guys, but I would start looking at reapplying since some schools start sending invites in July. I do know some people were accepted a few weeks or even days before matriculation, but I would hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

I was ready to give up after taking multiple gap years and being unsuccessful. I was actually close to taking the LSAT and pursuing law instead, but I was waitlisted and felt that I was so close so I took a good honest look at my application and made some improvements for the next cycle. I believe in you guys and am pulling for all of you!
adc3dffb815073a09edeeaaef29dd5d8.jpg

Today there was movement at WVSOM, AZCOM, ACOM, and Western Pomona. There were also reports of acceptances at KCU yesterday and other recent acceptances in the last week or so at NSU and PCOM-PA which were not previously reported.

MSUCOM has apparently ended their cycle as WLd people reported that they were emailed saying the cycle was over and the school could no longer offer them admission.

CHSU-COM is apparently still sending out interview invites.

Oh boy, are they really having that much trouble filling their spots?
For CHSU the user stated that they were rejected earlier in the cycle and started on their app for the 2020-2021 cycle but somehow they got an interview invite for the 2019-2020 cycle. It was a bit confusing to understand their situation but I figured I would tell you all anyway. There's some speculation on why LMU and WCU are still giving out interviews this late and it may be because of COVID or because they haven't filled their classes yet even with the WL. Again, that's all speculation.

For CHSU the user stated that they were rejected earlier in the cycle and started on their app for the 2020-2021 cycle but somehow they got an interview invite for the 2019-2020 cycle. It was a bit confusing to understand their situation but I figured I would tell you all anyway. There's some speculation on why LMU and WCU are still giving out interviews this late and it may be because of COVID or because they haven't filled their classes yet even with the WL. Again, that's all speculation.
I knew CHSU has interview dates in June but am quite surprised that they are still handing out IIs.

Oh boy, are they really having that much trouble filling their spots?

it's not like they've got people on thier wl they could pull from...

Feels weird man