[DO vs MD] AZCOM vs California Northstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morningstarcarey

Reaction score
Would really like some input from people that know a bit more than me. I'm still waiting on some other interviews and potential acceptances off waitlists, but if it came down to these two I'm not sure what to do.

AZCOM gave me nothing but good vibes, I like the state, I like the area, I liked all the faculty I met. The two downsides as I see it are any potential losses of opportunities due to bias against DOs as well as the high tuition.

Northstate gives me shady vibes because of their refusal to allow students to receive federal loans, their teaching hospital is definitely not going to be finished in time for me to take advantage of it thanks to COVID, I dislike Norcal's vibe, I'll be further away from home, and I didn't particularly like the faculty. It still has high tuition, but it's MD.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

MD is always the right answer.

Edit: Only now realizing it's CNU. In this this case and this case only I would consider the DO school over the MD one. CNU match list is no better than any regular DO school and you have to take private loans.