Do PDs look at the activities on ERAS itself or do they really care about the actual CV you upload?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1139416

Or does ERAS automatically generate a CV from the activities section? Sorry - I have no idea how ERAS works yet but we have been told (as MS3s) to start making our CV in preparation for September.

Members don't see this ad.

The CV is generated from what you input into ERAS.

The point about preparing a CV now is mostly so that you remember to input all of your experiences. If you're not regularly updating your CV, it's relatively easy to forget to include activities that happened a while back.

The CV is generated from what you input into ERAS.

The point about preparing a CV now is mostly so that you remember to input all of your experiences. If you're not regularly updating your CV, it's relatively easy to forget to include activities that happened a while back.

Lol thanks for letting me know. I had a friend the other day spend 4-5 hours making his CV look pretty.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol thanks for letting me know. I had a friend the other day spend 4-5 hours making his CV look pretty.
You probably still SHOULD do that, because eventually you're going to need this document when you apply for fellowship or for jobs post-residency. That's the beautify of the CV, once you build it you should just be able to add things as they come up rather than having to build it from scratch each time. The longer you wait to build this document, the bigger a PITA it will become.

Reactions: 1 users
You probably still SHOULD do that, because eventually you're going to need this document when you apply for fellowship or for jobs post-residency. That's the beautify of the CV, once you build it you should just be able to add things as they come up rather than having to build it from scratch each time. The longer you wait to build this document, the bigger a PITA it will become.

Thank you. I’m gonna make an appointment with our residency app advisors to see what I should or shouldn’t include (there’s some stuff in my CV that may not be the best to put on there because it makes it seem as though I’m gunning for a specialty different than the one I’m applying to).

Reactions: 1 users