DO orthopaedic residencies--any info??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeahfoo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have had the toughest time finding out anything on the DO orthopaedic residencies---everyone seems to be tight-lipped about it. I am interested in doing 4th year rotations at Blue Springs/KC, PCOM in Philly, Tulsa, and Harrisburg---I obviously can't do all of them with the time, money and allowed rotations I have--any info on them would be great-----how hard are they to get into for residency? What kinds of COMLEX scores do they really look for (I have an 83 on step 1)--are there better places to try for with this score? Are they linked? what kind of conditions do they have? etc--thanks

Members don't see this ad.

jeahfoo said:
I have had the toughest time finding out anything on the DO orthopaedic residencies---everyone seems to be tight-lipped about it. I am interested in doing 4th year rotations at Blue Springs/KC, PCOM in Philly, Tulsa, and Harrisburg---I obviously can't do all of them with the time, money and allowed rotations I have--any info on them would be great-----how hard are they to get into for residency? What kinds of COMLEX scores do they really look for (I have an 83 on step 1)--are there better places to try for with this score? Are they linked? what kind of conditions do they have? etc--thanks

Listen, the BEST way to learn about programs is to put in the time yourself and call up the program. Ask to speak to their residents. Talk to the coordinator. These people know best about their own program. That's what I would do.