DO Ortho Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mickdogg81

Orthotern
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok....so I am bored at my PC rotation and decided to start an osteo ortho match thread. I am gonna put where I matched ortho and what school I am from. Feel free to follow suit. Hope things turned out well for all of ya.

Columbus/Doctor's Hospital-LECOM-Bradenton

Members don't see this ad.

Grandview..................TUCOM California!

dude- one of the guys in my class is doin ortho at Gview.....congrats and see you at RPAC!
Grandview..................TUCOM California!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah he's a real good guy from what i hear! Oh and congrats and best of luck with Columbus.

Does anyone know if the Ortho program in Cuyahoga Falls, OH is still being funded? I was looking at the match results and it didn't appear to have ortho any longer. I was realy hoping to move back to that area after graduating, and Massilon and Cuyahoga were the two closest. Thanks.

I know they didn't take any ortho this year and have still not heard as to why. Usually when a program doesn't take a class one year, the reasons remain obscure unless you have some inside source who really knows whats goin on. Massillon has always been a pretty solid community program-rotated there and liked it quite a bit, just too small for me. Plus, I heard they are going through some hospital changes but from what I heard, ortho is still pretty solid there. They did take only 1 this year..although the stats say two...I can comment on that via pm if anyone is interested.....which may end up being pretty relevant for you current third years.
If someone could shed some light on the C'falls, I wouldn't mind.
Does anyone know if the Ortho program in Cuyahoga Falls, OH is still being funded? I was looking at the match results and it didn't appear to have ortho any longer. I was realy hoping to move back to that area after graduating, and Massilon and Cuyahoga were the two closest. Thanks.

I know they didn't take any ortho this year and have still not heard as to why. Usually when a program doesn't take a class one year, the reasons remain obscure unless you have some inside source who really knows whats goin on. Massillon has always been a pretty solid community program-rotated there and liked it quite a bit, just too small for me. Plus, I heard they are going through some hospital changes but from what I heard, ortho is still pretty solid there. They did take only 1 this year..although the stats say two...I can comment on that via pm if anyone is interested.....which may end up being pretty relevant for you current third years.
If someone could shed some light on the C'falls, I wouldn't mind.

Thanks a lot. Congratulations on your match, btw.

Botsford (farmington hills, MI) from OSU-COM

Congrats to you all on your matches!

I was wondering (and I've looked a bit) if there was any place to do research on all the DO Ortho programs other than the opportunities site? I'd like to get more info on these programs, but it seems very hard to find.

Any information on the one in KC, for instance?

THis may not be much help, but you can access each programs webpage from here and get some info.

www.aoao.org click on residencies.

KC likes to take their own. They fluctuate from taking 2 one year, 4 one year, 3 one year. THey operate ALL over the city, sometimes driving 45 minutes between cases.