Do not deny us the opportunity to advance the pharmacy profession

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Limited residency positions ****** pharmacy profession advancement,

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i'm coming here to seek discussions and answers to a question many people wanted to ask. I don't appreciate unwelcoming attitudes and internet cliques, and i have a strong dislike toward unprofessional professionals.

I could have wrote this post a different way, with much less frustration and more logic. But i don't regret writing it this way. Because this is how many applicants felt, given that so many people agreed to the statement in the poll.

i feel terribly bad to have attracted people like z, and his clan. now many people who could have or wanted to say something are too scared to post anything because of these unprofessional people on this forum. It's just not a healthy environment to exchange opinions.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I and many other students in here cant argue with you people who have been here longer. I am not going to state my opinions anymore because I am a simply a lowly student and my experience can't compare to yours. Okay. Students don't have a say in this, at all, that's fine. I'm okay with it.

I'm going to ask in a different way.

Explain as much and as long as you want- why is that many very qualified candidates did not get interviews or matched last year and this year.

Look, Z already clearly answered this question. He gave hard numbers and you still do not seem to get it. The number of residency spots available matches up with the number of hospital/ambulatory/Managed care positions that open up every year. The market does not need a large increase in current number of residency positions. There are far too many pharmacy schools, which means there is going to be more and more competition for residency spots. Residency spots will be dictated by the need of the clinical pharmacist market NOT by the number of pharmacy students being pumped out every year by all these new schools.

The majority of pharmacy positions (70%ish) are in retail and there is no need for a year of residency to deal with insurance companies all day and check scripts.

Network well throughout school and you may still be able to find clinical positions without a residency. I was able to find a full-time hybrid staff/clinical inpatient position and a part-time ambulatory pharmacist position. Positions came through a lot of extra internship experience outside of school mandated and lots of networking.

My clan and I provided sound and objective information on why your opinion is invalid. Instead debating the issue you were too busy calling me arrogant, condescending, and an ass. Yes I can be all those but only if Im prompted to do so. If you cant take it, dont dish it out....with your thin skin.

Members don't see this ad :)
My clan and I provided sound and objective information on why your opinion is invalid. Instead debating the issue you were too busy calling me arrogant, condescending, and an ass. Yes I can be all those but only if Im prompted to do so. If you cant take it, dont dish it out....with your thin skin.

I don't refuse that you did provide me some objective information, but 90% of what you said were irrelevant and idiotic. Same with you with the name calling.

Also. Opinions can't be classified as valid or invalid.

Once again, you are avoiding to answer a honest question I asked in my post.

Once again, you are avoiding to answer a honest question I asked in my post.

When people say there are no dumb questions, they are wrong. There are dumb questions. And your questions are dumb. I'm not ignoring your question. I don't like to answer dumb questions.

damn it, now i have to come up with a smooth way to incorporate bull testicles into an interview. :thumbdown:

eh, with SDN, you get what you ask for, :laugh:

You can always say "rocky mountain oysters."

Also, I resent being counted as a part of Z's clan! Surely, everyone has heard me say that I would rather shoot myself than set foot inside a hospital pharmacy ever again? :laugh:

Also, I resent being counted as a part of Z's clan! Surely, everyone has heard me say that I would rather shoot myself than set foot inside a hospital pharmacy ever again? :laugh:

Set em straight.. harem.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's not for me to judge.

You know yourself better than anyone else. It's not to judge... it's to know thy self.

Like...I know me... I can be the biggest jackass.. with a smile and pleasant presentation.

:smuggrin:

You know yourself better than anyone else. It's not to judge... it's to know thy self.

Like...I know me... I can be the biggest jackass.. with a smile and pleasant presentation.
Oh, I know who and what I am. But intimidation is an external effect that, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Last edited:
Thank goodness this thread is completely jacked!

I'm coming here to seek discussions and answers to a question many people wanted to ask. I don't appreciate unwelcoming attitudes and internet cliques, and I have a strong dislike toward unprofessional professionals.

I could have wrote this post a different way, with much less frustration and more logic. But i don't regret writing it this way. Because this is how many applicants felt, given that so many people agreed to the statement in the poll.

I feel terribly bad to have attracted people like Z, and his clan. Now many people who could have or wanted to say something are too scared to post anything because of these unprofessional people on this forum. It's just not a healthy environment to exchange opinions.

Yes, you could have written your post a different way! Insulting an entire group of people whether you think they are "Z's clan" or not is not very professional, IMHO. It's great that SDN is here to voice your opinions, frustrations, etc. and some of us can get a bit out of hand (myself included) but I think it is important to refrain from all the personal insults, especially if want discussion that is informative and productive. I am not sure what you think can be gained by telling all the preceptors in this supposed internet clique that they are ignorant and arrogant. I'm trying to figure out why you and others think that residency trained pharmacists are better. Sure, maybe they get more intense clinical training and are going to be more familiar with guidelines and how to run a code versus a pharmacist that sits and does order entry but that doesn't necessarily make them better than everyone else. So, what's your main argument? That EVERYONE should do a residency? Even to go work in a community pharmacy? really? Why?

I used to think that too. And where do I work? A hospital pharmacy.
I don't *think* that, I *know* that. The two weeks that I spent inside hospital pharmacy on IPPE (I think that's what they call it now) were the two most miserable weeks of my life. I hated everything: schedule, duties of the job itself, cattiness and in-fighting among pharmacy staff... The clinical rotations were not too bad, at least I did not hate them... but still very boring. And drug information rotation was almost as bad as the two weeks of traditional hospital pharmacy. While I can imagine hospital-based positions I would not hate, it's unlikely that a hospital would have such a position, or that I would be eligible for it without going through all the ranks (which would result in me being committed to a mental institution after a month, probably).

I was talking with a friend about her failed relationships/marriages and she told me how someone once told her to look at the common factor: her.

I thought this was a good point and maybe you should give it some thought considering you are having trouble wherever you go. It may not be a trait but a behavior that can be changed.

I second the statement on adaptability. You will encounter many different personalities in life (I'm sure you know this). You can't walk into a place thinking you're going to run the joint just because you have some added qualification. there is a learning curve everywhere. Maybe you should be more open and relaxed?

I know it's unsolicited advice but you are very defensive and hostile in your posts and, although I do find it mildly entertaining, I'm wondering what's eating at you besides Z's posts. I mean, he CAN be annoying at times but aren't we all :p
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Whoa.....did you just call me annoying......