do med schools care mostly about science grades right?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alleyez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I'm thinking the easy classes like "intro to art" and "man's food" and crap like that doesn't even matter?

I ended up with C's for both of them.... seriously, they are REALLY easy classes... i just didn't put the effort in. I should've tried harder and gotten A's... since those were basically my GPA inflaters.

crap.

Members don't see this ad.

AdComs place more emphasis on your grades in science courses for an obvious reason: almost all of your coursework as a medical student will be advanced science, and therefore they need some assurance that you can succeed in such courses. That said, it is still important that you excel in non-science courses, primarily because they ARE so freakin easy relative to hardcore science classes. Mediocre performance in a survey Anthropology course or a sociology class suggests a lack of motivation and discipline. Based on everything that I have read concerning medical school and all of the conversations that I have had with former and current medical students (my cousins included), success in medical school depends almost entirely on your motivation and study habits. The material itself is not that intellectually challenging, it's the incredible VOLUME of material that makes it tough. Thus, you gotta be disciplined, tenacious, and driven to succeed in med school.