Medical Do I need to report a school I withdrew from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys- I have a question that I cannot seem to find an answer to.

I was enrolled in the extremely rigorous (And horrible lol) Master's Program at TouroCOM. I stuck it out for the Fall Semester and received B's and B-'s but it came out to a 2.793 GPA. For the record, the program grades are graded based on the class average and SD. It is nearly impossible to achieve an A, one needs like a 98% on exams lol.

Despite this, I decided to submit to AACOMAS in Jan 2021, retook my MCAT in Jan 2021 (495--> 504) and received 2 interviews to LU-COM and WVSOM in March 2021. The interviews went amazingly but I was rejected. I knew it had to be because of my fall semester at Touro because I got super positive interview feedback and the rest of my app is very strong, so I decided to withdraw from the program.

I just obtained a paid Clinical Research job at a renowned hospital in Michigan (my home state.) I am planning on reapplying this coming cycle because I do not want to give up and I have some comfort in knowing I was able to at least receive 2 interviews despite applying late.

However, do I need to report touro on my application even though I withdrew? I do not understand if I still need to report that horrible fall semester or if I can just forgo it because again, I left on my own decision.

Thank you in advance
Yes, you have to report this. It sounds like an awful program, but actions including enrolling in bad programs have consequences.

You need to improve your app and perform better going forward rather than focus on the past which can't be changed.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the record, the program grades are graded based on the class average and SD
I've talked to friends about this who went through this program, too. Really bad set-up.
However, do I need to report touro on my application even though I withdrew?
Although it was already answered above, yes this needs to be included. Anything in which a transcript exists must be reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.