Do I have to disclose lattice degeneration in disability insurance questionnaire?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Babitzo

Reaction score
I'm currently filling out the medical questionnaire for a MassMutual disability insurance, and one of the questions asks if I have been treated for, diagnosed with, or advised about the following: "A disorder of the eyes, ears, nose, throat or sinuses such as any partial or complete loss of hearing, vision or speech, acoustic neuroma and optic neuritis?"

I wear glasses/contacts to correct my vision and recently was told after an eye exam that I have a lattice degeneration, which means there is a small risk of retinal detachment. They wrote this in my notes as well.

Does anyone have an idea if this means that I should check the box and if this qualifies as getting advise about 'partial loss of vision'? I would hope not since it's a fairly common, low risk, and treatable diagnosis, and I'm able to see fine with glasses/contacts, but I wanted to check here just to be sure.

Any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.