Dentist disability insurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spatel001

Reaction score
hello everyone, I recently graduated and will soon be working as a dentist. About 4 weeks ago I applied for dentist disabilty insurance. I got a quote from Guardian charging me $5010 per year for 8k coverage until age 67. True own occupation, partial disabilty rider with 90 day elimination, 4 year delayed COLA, and rider to increase additional coverage but with medical underwriting Note this will be a stable cost across the years and will not be increasing. If anyone can please inform me from their experince if Im overpaying? The insurance agent is really after me to make a decision. Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

im no expert, but im a 2019 grad and when i graduated it was like 238$/mo for 8k, ive increased it a bit since then, but i think you are overpaying. i am with principal

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my policy around this time last year when I just graduated. My monthly premium is $120 with Guardian, for only $5k in monthly benefit though. I’m thinking of increasing my benefit to $8k since my monthly income is at least $12k.