Do I have any chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kot6

Reaction score
Hello, I just want to see if I have any chance to be admitted to ANY DPT program. My GPA is 3.49, prerequisite 3.31, GRE 148/150/4.0. I have 100+ hours of observation but no in-patient experience. Not much community involvement either. Should I even try? And if there is a chance, then in what school?

Members don't see this ad.

Your stats look pretty good, but having a killer LOR & personal statement would take your application to the next level!

Hello, I just want to see if I have any chance to be admitted to ANY DPT program. My GPA is 3.49, prerequisite 3.31, GRE 148/150/4.0. I have 100+ hours of observation but no in-patient experience. Not much community involvement either. Should I even try? And if there is a chance, then in what school?
You should be ok. You may want to look at schools that don't require GRE or only require the written portion, I think 150 is the cut-off for some schools in which case they will not review your application due to the 148. I may be wrong so double-check, of course.

Look at the average stats of accepted students wherever you apply. The popular state schools / cheaper programs are highly competitive & while 3.49 is perfectly acceptable, it may not be competitive enough for the top schools.

Most schools have been fairly lax about observation hours because of Covid so I wouldn't worry about the IP experience. I had zero community involvement and was accepted - it looks nice on an app but isn't a requirement, at least that I have ever seen.