do I have a change of getting in with 2.999 over all Gpa & 2.7 science gpa ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apple_Pie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I really want to get into a podiatry school. and I need an advice about my chances. I have not taken the MCAT.

I have a Science gpa of 2.7 and a Over all Gpa of 2.999. What chances do I seriously have to get into a podiatry school ?

Members don't see this ad.

Apple_Pie said:
Hi,

I really want to get into a podiatry school. and I need an advice about my chances. I have not taken the MCAT.

I have a Science gpa of 2.7 and a Over all Gpa of 2.999. What chances do I seriously have to get into a podiatry school ?

if you do well on the mcat (a la 30+) i think you have a real good shot... especially if you show a genuine interest in podiatry.

Apple_Pie said:
Hi,

you definitely don't need to get a 30+ to get into podiatry school. if you get from 24-27 you should get in somewhere, you don't need 30+ i can guarantee you that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you maybe okay. The minimum is 2.5. I think if you do well on your MCATs you'll be fine. I would suggest at least a 22.

If I were running the admissions booth, I wouldn't let you in based on your academics unless you had a great "excuse."

I use to be all for letting anyone in, but after seeing a bunch goof offs from undergrad who didn't make the MD/DO cut showing up with tuition money in hand, I've changed my mind.

If you wanted in that bad, I would have thought that you would have tried harder as an undergrad.

I'm sorry, but to me, a 2.7 demonstrates that you have poor study habits and a substandard work ethic and in my opinion, we already have enough of that going around.

But then again, one just might let you in if you tell them that you can't stand that poster whiskers on the SDN.... It may be your only chance....

Good luck.

whiskers said:
If I were running the admissions booth, I wouldn't let you in based on your academics unless you had a great "excuse."

I use to be all for letting anyone in, but after seeing a bunch goof offs from undergrad who didn't make the MD/DO cut showing up with tuition money in hand, I've changed my mind.

If you wanted in that bad, I would have thought that you would have tried harder as an undergrad.

I'm sorry, but to me, a 2.7 demonstrates that you have poor study habits and a substandard work ethic and in my opinion, we already have enough of that going around.

But then again, one just might let you in if you tell them that you can't stand that poster whiskers on the SDN.... It may be your only chance....

Good luck.

I hate to say it but I agree with wiskers. I don't think that grades make the doctor but becoming a doctor means that you will have to continuously take and pass tests. In undergrad your major should have been something that interests you. If you cannot do well in something that you are interested in how will you do well in classes that may not be interesting in podiatry school yet the knowledge will be imparative to learn to be a good doctor?

Good Luck with what ever you choose to do but if it is podiatry (our profession) please start working harder and learning more, not just for the profession but because you will one day be treating someone's parent or child. ANd would you want to go to the doctor that slid by in med school if you could help it?

krabmas said:
I hate to say it but I agree with wiskers. I don't think that grades make the doctor but becoming a doctor means that you will have to continuously take and pass tests. In undergrad your major should have been something that interests you. If you cannot do well in something that you are interested in how will you do well in classes that may not be interesting in podiatry school yet the knowledge will be imparative to learn to be a good doctor?

Good Luck with what ever you choose to do but if it is podiatry (our profession) please start working harder and learning more, not just for the profession but because you will one day be treating someone's parent or child. ANd would you want to go to the doctor that slid by in med school if you could help it?
Hahahaaa. The Krab is "runnin' wild" on the boards today postin' like a mad woman! :laugh: :p

I would like to clarify. The question was will I get in, I answered yes. Should they get in, I'm in the Whiskers boat again today. I think that if you did great on the MCAT that would give admissions a reason to justify letting you in.

Dr_Feelgood said:
I would like to clarify. The question was will I get in, I answered yes. Should they get in, I'm in the Whiskers boat again today. I think that if you did great on the MCAT that would give admissions a reason to justify letting you in.
If not, Feelgoood, there's always chiropractic school! :laugh: Oh man I'm on a roll today, ain't I? :p

You'll need a decent MCAT, but I'm sure there is some school for POD that will take you.