Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ragtime_snek

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my junior year, and I had a pretty rough semester this time around. While I got A's and A-'s in all of my other classes, ended up with a C+ in biochemistry. I feel like my application was already kind of on the fence, but am now very worried. I want to go to LSUNO, and plan on applying early action. My application so far:

cGPA: 3.62
sGPA: 3.47
Taking MCAT in January (planning on taking a gap year after graduation)
Double major in neuroscience/history
Next year I'll be taking a lot of liberal arts classes to finish out my major/take care of gen ed courses, so I don't think getting a 4.0 is outside the realm of possibilities. Only planning on taking a couple more science courses to finish my neuroscience major... possible suggestions for good science classes to take next year?

ECs:
RA for two years and one summer, returning for a third year
Clinical volunteering in emergency room totaling around 100 hours, will continue working there over the summer and next school year
Lab work: probably 500 hours over the course of one summer and two semesters, not counting on being published by the time I apply (long story)
chairman of my school's campus programming comedy board
summer camp activity director (this summer and next)

Following graduation, I am planning on working in the emergency room as a tech before medical school.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.