DO - good or bad? esp.@ Univ. of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clarence

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a second year student at an osteopathic med school and my top choice for residency is the University of Colorado. I was recently told that they are a little "anti-DO" at that program, and in fact that there has never been a DO resident accepted there! Can anyone tell me if that is true. At what programs is applying as a DO a disadvantage and at what programs is it an advantage? What about the Univ of Utah? Any input on this subject will be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

clarence said:
I am a second year student at an osteopathic med school and my top choice for residency is the University of Colorado. I was recently told that they are a little "anti-DO" at that program, and in fact that there has never been a DO resident accepted there! Can anyone tell me if that is true. At what programs is applying as a DO a disadvantage and at what programs is it an advantage? What about the Univ of Utah? Any input on this subject will be greatly appreciated!

At my Colorado interview, 1 or 2 out of 12 people there was from a DO school and I believe one of them was from the state, all the rest of us had no ties to Colorado.

clarence said:

From my brief experience on the interview trail (I did not interview at Colorado myself), I have not heard of any other program that had any sort of "rumored" negative bias towards DO's.