Is it bad not to do a neuro clerkship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soundnin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For someone interested in PM&R. Neuro is not required at my school and given my schedule for M3 year I can't do neuro this year. As long as I do a PM&R elective and 1 or 2 aways, is it bad not to have done neuro?

Members don't see this ad.

You have to do a neuro clerkship.
This isn't just a matter of checking boxes.
If you skip a neuro clerkship, you're going to miss things that are indispensable to the practice of PM&R.

Reactions: 1 users
You have to do a neuro clerkship.
This isn't just a matter of checking boxes.
If you skip a neuro clerkship, you're going to miss things that are indispensable to the practice of PM&R.

Thanks, that's exactly what I thought. I just wanted to confirm if I could only schedule 3 out of the following 4 things - neuro clerkship, PM&R elective, 2 aways - it should be neuro clerkship, PM&R elective, and 1 away.

Reactions: 1 user
You do not. Starting as a PGY-2 you will be on equal footing in terms of neuro knowledge with PGY-2s in neurology. You will both have very little. However, I won’t dissuade you from doing a neurology clerkship if that is something you are really interested in.

Reactions: 1 user