Do dual enrollment classes count?

xnfs93hy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am reconsidering doing some credits over this summer at the CC. Maybe like 6 (two three credit college classes) credits or something.

However, I was wondering, when applying to college as a transfer, will they count the dual enrollment credits? If so, how do I know which will transfer?

Does it vary school to school. Is there like a giant book I can buy that tells me what transfers and what doesn't?

I mean, who knows, I may end up staying a year and a half and applying to Rutgers and Upenn or something. So.

How do I find all this stuff out?

Members don't see this ad.

I am reconsidering doing some credits over this summer at the CC. Maybe like 6 (two three credit college classes) credits or something.

However, I was wondering, when applying to college as a transfer, will they count the dual enrollment credits? If so, how do I know which will transfer?

Does it vary school to school. Is there like a giant book I can buy that tells me what transfers and what doesn't?

I mean, who knows, I may end up staying a year and a half and applying to Rutgers and Upenn or something. So.

How do I find all this stuff out?

It varies from school to school, and most schools won't evaluate until you apply to transfer. Some schools have associations with the CC and will have a standard transfer of classes. Some will transfer a class as 'general' class/credits, but not for specific requirements. Huge variety. If you know where you will apply, call up and ask.

California has an amazing site called ASSIST.org that lists what just about every CA University will take from CC's as equivalents for their classes, maybe your state has something similar. A standard rule of thumb for many schools is that as long as the work is 100 level or over (not remedial), it will likely transfer for CREDIT, but possibly not as an actual class for your graduation requirements. And they almost always limit the number of units you can transfer, normally like 70.

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I just get in touch with someone over the phone at OSU/UPenn/Rutgers, etc. or talk to my advisor at the CC or something?

b.c none of this is really helping me. I'm still lost.

Yeah. That's what they're there for. It's a program that's specific to each high school/college, so asking on an international online forum isn't really going to help at all.

I've heard private schools can be really picky about it... which really sucks because all of my favorite schools are private...

I lucked out--my school (which is private) is going to stop taking them next year, apparently. Have I mentioned my love of the grandfather clause recently?

*death glare*

One day, we will meet Tibula. On that day, I will hit you. It will hurt. Be prepared.

One day, CScull, we will meet. You will punch me. And it will hurt.

But it won't change the fact that I'm going to graduate college before you. And become a doctor before you. And generally always be one step ahead of you.

But it won't change the fact that I'm going to graduate college before you. And become a doctor before you. And generally always be one step ahead of you.

Nope, but it'll be really fun, and it'll make me feel better. And I'll kick you, not punch you silly Tibby. I kick much harder than I punch.

Nope, but it'll be really fun, and it'll make me feel better. And I'll kick you, not punch you silly Tibby. I kick much harder than I punch.

lol

On that note, I am just going to talk with someone at the CC and see what they say.

I will send out some emails to the the respective colleges I wish to transfer to as well.

What if you don't get accepted the first cycle o_O then she will be on par with you XD

Members don't see this ad :)
What if you don't get accepted the first cycle o_O then she will be on par with you XD

Psht. Fedekz, please. I'm going to have med schools contacting me to come and learn at their institute. I won't even have to apply.

Psht. Fedekz, please. I'm going to have med schools contacting me to come and learn at their institute. I won't even have to apply.

I'm sure. It'll be right after you cause the extinction of malaria, but just before you get your Nobel Peace Prize for inventing a new vaccine that can cure viral diseases. :p

Vaccines don't cure things, love.

See, this? This is why I am one step ahead of you.

Yea, but if you made a vaccine that could prevent viral diseases it wouldn't be Nobel Peace Prize worthy... :p

I believe the term you're looking for is a "cure" for viral diseases. Or--SAT vocab word here (because you still have to take it HAHA)--eradication. That would be worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize.

Fine then, after you "cure" a viral disease. :p

I'll cure AIDS. You cure the flu.

Let's see who wins.

Dude no! I want to cure AIDS! Besides I've already got a sweet T-Shirt of my school mascot boxing "AIDS". AIDS being a nasty scraggly blob that's really fat with tiny arms, obviously very accurately depicted.

I want to develop a cure for world overpopulation and eradication of unneeded peoples, which constitute about 80%.

Start taking your IQ tests now!

I want to develop a cure for world overpopulation and eradication of unneeded peoples, which constitute about 80%.

God's been trying to do that for years. People keep getting in the way.

Do most colleges accept these credits?

I still haven't called OSU.

This is the plan:

6 Credits this summer

12 over senior year.

18 by graduation from HS.

12 left to go to 30.

6 credits over next summer.

6 credits left to go.

I'll be taking 15-25 (probably 19 credits) credits that fall.

So I figure, hey if all my colleges accept these Dual Enrollment credits, I'll be pretty good.

Who should I be contacting to find out if these two dual enrollment classes will transfer normally over?

... but you said... that you weren't... ?

Oh I don't even want to know.

Do most colleges accept these credits?

I still haven't called OSU.

This is the plan:

6 Credits this summer

12 over senior year.

18 by graduation from HS.

12 left to go to 30.

6 credits over next summer.

6 credits left to go.

I'll be taking 15-25 (probably 19 credits) credits that fall.

So I figure, hey if all my colleges accept these Dual Enrollment credits, I'll be pretty good.

Who should I be contacting to find out if these two dual enrollment classes will transfer normally over?

Your guidance counselor. Who, incidentally, can also answer most of the questions that you post here.

Your guidance counselor. Who, incidentally, can also answer most of the questions that you post here.

Tib! You're up early, want to help me study my solubility chart... I have a test today...

Your solubility chart?

Hahahahaha... Boy it must suck to have summer classes.

Hehe, I actually think GChem's kinda neat, especially labs, but then I'm a nerd... soo...