Diploma in Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandabearsnake

Reaction score
This might be a long-overdue question but my Mom did her Diploma in Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery in 1994 in India but never really pursued it because it didn't pay well back then. Now in the United States, I thought it would be a good option for her to research more about it, after all, she did go to med school. Unfortunately, I don't know who to talk to or where to start. I don't even know if homeopathy is a good career option in this era. Anyways, any information would help!
Thanks!

P.S she has all her documents as a proof of her graduation.

Members don't see this ad.

This might be a long-overdue question but my Mom did her Diploma in Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery in 1994 in India but never really pursued it because it didn't pay well back then. Now in the United States, I thought it would be a good option for her to research more about it, after all, she did go to med school. Unfortunately, I don't know who to talk to or where to start. I don't even know if homeopathy is a good career option in this era. Anyways, any information would help!
Thanks!

P.S she has all her documents as a proof of her graduation.
Homeopathy isn’t considered medical school in the US.

Reactions: 3 users
There are similar things in China with "non-allopathic" diploma but with supposedly equal modern medicine training (or for example, DO school in US......)

In principle, if your mother's degree is qualified to be licensed and practice medicine in India (with appropriate certification letter from India health authority), then she may be eligible to take USMLE and later steps (it would be extremely difficult for her to match into residency, if she did not practice nor at least do biomedical research after graduate), and the final decision depends on ECFMG, which you should email and ask