International/Travel/Tropical Medicine ID Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edval89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

PGY2 IM resident here planning on applying for ID next cycle. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts about potential fellowship programs that would be well suited for someone with an interest in international/travel/tropical medicine in Central/South America. Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

When I went on a medical mission to El Salvador, I remember most of the wealthy families flying to UMiami for their care. I could see that being a great hub for patient's from Central America. That's all I can offer on this. Best of luck!

There's a small community program in Atlanta, with an affiliation with an obscure government agency that is also (inexplicably) located in Atlanta. I can't say any more than that or Chee-to Hitler will have me deported. Don't Google this without a VPN and plausible deniability.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There's a small community program in Atlanta, with an affiliation with an obscure government agency that is also (inexplicably) located in Atlanta. I can't say any more than that or Chee-to Hitler will have me deported. Don't Google this without a VPN and plausible deniability.
:laugh:

To be fair, I could probably guess that Emory probably has an affiliation with the CDC, but for all I know there's a different program in Atlanta that has it instead.