Dilemma about licensure in Michigan. Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smitha30

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have recently completed dental school and am licensed in Illinois through CRDTS examination. Now I am planning to move to Michigan due to some family issues. I do not want to take NERB examination for licensure in Michigan as the format for both CRDTS and NERBS is the same this year. I do not want to go through the stess all over again. I know Michigan required you to take NERBS in order to obtain licensure in the past. Do any of you guys know if Michigan accepts CRDTS this year as the formats for both crdts and nerbs is the same? I called Michigan board of dentistry but I keep getting mixed replies. Some people say crdts is accepted others say no.

Someone please help me.

Members don't see this ad.

smitha30 said:
Hi guys, I have recently completed dental school and am licensed in Illinois through CRDTS examination. Now I am planning to move to Michigan due to some family issues. I do not want to take NERB examination for licensure in Michigan as the format for both CRDTS and NERBS is the same this year. I do not want to go through the stess all over again. I know Michigan required you to take NERBS in order to obtain licensure in the past. Do any of you guys know if Michigan accepts CRDTS this year as the formats for both crdts and nerbs is the same? I called Michigan board of dentistry but I keep getting mixed replies. Some people say crdts is accepted others say no.

Someone please help me.

If Michigan accepts the ADEX exam, I'm pretty sure they would also accept your CRDTS results. CRDTS and NERB make up ADEX.