Question for those who took mannikin WREB in 2020 and is applying for Texas licensure in 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ottodmd

Reaction score
Hello,

I took the mannikin WREB exam in 2020 and obtained my California dental license. I am planning to apply for Texas licensure, however, Texas requires the perio section. In 2020, both California and Texas accepted the CTP exam as fulfillment of the WREB perio section. Does anyone know if we are grandfathered in or do I have to take the mannikin perio section of WREB before I can apply? I have emailed the Texas dental boards, but was wondering if anyone knew the answer.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also in a slightly similar predicament with the Texas Board. When I registered and started taking the WREB, its manikin perio section wasn't available, but I did take the one for ADEX/CITA. Maybe I could use that as well. I don't know. I do know the board in California does not require periodontics at all for dental licensure. I know because I recently called and asked. Texas though? I'd just ask them.

I could pontificate about what the Texas board may accept or not, but I recommend asking them.

Hello,

I took the mannikin WREB exam in 2020 and obtained my California dental license. I am planning to apply for Texas licensure, however, Texas requires the perio section. In 2020, both California and Texas accepted the CTP exam as fulfillment of the WREB perio section. Does anyone know if we are grandfathered in or do I have to take the mannikin perio section of WREB before I can apply? I have emailed the Texas dental boards, but was wondering if anyone knew the answer.

Thanks!
Hi, I am currently in dental school and want to practice in Texas some day. I thought that all states had reciprocity with each other? Like I am in TN but I thought I could get licensed for Texas without taking a separate exam for it.