Digitek Recall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WilkesRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to pass along the news, just came out a few hours ago:

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/global/story.asp?s=8228864

Should be interesting to see what is done, as there is no real alternative to Dig.

Members don't see this ad.

Playa, you gots to read your latest guidelines before you crown a drug the king of importance like that. Look up CHF mortality and digoxin...then look up the first line therapies for rate control in afib. Get schooled, young'n.

Plus, more than one manufacturer makes digoxin. Digitek is just one generic. Is it all digitalis based glycosides or just that one brand.

Digitek is made by Mylan...which manufactures said drug in....? I swear, I didn't do it.

Word. I have to admit, after entering the retail field last year after graduation, my guideline-reading has dwindled :p Still, this should be a fun few days...

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do you blame retail for not personally keeping up with important information?

No incentive, remembering other things (i.e. counseling points) are more important for the practice setting, etc. It works both ways. A hospital pharmacist would be useless in a retail pharmacy, too. I know people that can adjust Vanc doses, but couldn't counsel a patient on how to properly use an inhaler if their lives depended on it.

I used to work in a hospital and am now retail and I am pretty darn good at explaining how to use an inhaler, thank you very much.

I used to work in a hospital and am now retail and I am pretty darn good at explaining how to use an inhaler, thank you very much.

Blah, blah, blah. Good for you. I wasn't talking about you. I'm talking about the people I know that have lived in a hospital basement for a few years who are very much useless at counseling. My point is that these things go both ways. There was a floater at Kroger I worked with once that still had the clotting cascade memorized, too....

Must be hard to act like such an old coot all the time.

You make me look like Pollyanna by comparison you bitter fool.