atorvastatin recall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sosoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone. just wanted to get some inputs on how u handle the recall. when customers come in do u replace the pills that was sold at no charge? refund? or how do u best handle the situation?

Members don't see this ad.

We tell people if they didn't get a call from us then no need to worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops double thing. We haven't been told to do anything else lol o_O

If you did not receive any of the recalled lots then no need to replace. We just tell people we didn't receive the recalled lots(which we didn't of course)

I tell them the recall was not at the patient level, it was only at the pharmacy level, and it was a voluntary recall taken as a precaution. We would have called if you needed to bring back the rx, but we didn't call. If you don't feel comfortable with it, bring it back, we'll switch it out for you.

Then they ask me where the Ranbaxy tabs were made.. I tell them the Ranbaxy atorvastatin was made in America. Then I tell them they probably would have been better off it was made in India. Then I think in my head, "F'n close minded people.."

I tell them the recall was not at the patient level, it was only at the pharmacy level, and it was a voluntary recall taken as a precaution. We would have called if you needed to bring back the rx, but we didn't call. If you don't feel comfortable with it, bring it back, we'll switch it out for you.

Then they ask me where the Ranbaxy tabs were made.. I tell them the Ranbaxy atorvastatin was made in America. Then I tell them they probably would have been better off it was made in India. Then I think in my head, "F'n close minded people.."

Are you sure. I thought ours said mfg in New Delhi. Our brand Lipitor is from Ireland, and the Watson generic is from PR. :shrug:

Most of our ranbaxy product says made in India for ranbaxy (new jersey, USA). All of the news channels are saying that the glass was incorporated into the tablets, however our memo for the recall says that glass got into the bottle. I cannot tell if they were specifically vague in the recall verbiage or if the media is trumping up the recall.

Must be one of my classmate doing QA in india... lol... I just wonder how much attention it gets if the recalled product is from india. I see a reall and even patient level recalls (pradaxa) way too often than this one. No one bothers to bring them to media but if something is from india then its a big deal. I know they need to do better job at QA but I clearly see media being biased on this one.