Digital vs Physical Textbooks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tartrate

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Given there's a lot of reading to do in radiology and now that we're at the start of a new season, can people share their advice or experience on using digital vs physical textbooks? In general I'm seeing the basic books at hundreds of pages in length. Although I do prefer reading from paper, I don't want to end up with a library of weighty texts at the end of training, especially if I'll rarely use them. And then there's the convenience of always having your books on your computer. One thing to consider is that my eyes do get fatigued more easily now. I guess the counterpoint would be that studying from a physical textbook is overall less distracting. In general is something like Core + RADPrimer sufficient to start off? When would you add on more advanced resources? Just feeling kind of lost and a bit overwhelmed on how to approach studying for radiology residency.

Members don't see this ad.

Given there's a lot of reading to do in radiology and now that we're at the start of a new season, can people share their advice or experience on using digital vs physical textbooks? In general I'm seeing the basic books at hundreds of pages in length. Although I do prefer reading from paper, I don't want to end up with a library of weighty texts at the end of training, especially if I'll rarely use them. And then there's the convenience of always having your books on your computer. One thing to consider is that my eyes do get fatigued more easily now. I guess the counterpoint would be that studying from a physical textbook is overall less distracting. In general is something like Core + RADPrimer sufficient to start off? When would you add on more advanced resources? Just feeling kind of lost and a bit overwhelmed on how to approach studying for radiology residency.
This might be helpful:

eBooks vs. Printed Radiology Books- A Death Match Part II - RadsResident