Difficulty of Pharm School, graduating late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PromisedNeverland

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many of you have faced academic difficulty in pharmacy school and had to take 1 more year in order to graduate?

How many hours did you study a day ?

What happens if you fail a class in pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1) No
2) 1-3 hrs (depends on subject taught that day)
3) If a student fails a class because they failed the final exam- they are granted the option to retake a makeup exam. If they fail that too then they are held back 1 year and have to retake every single class that they didn't receive an A in over again. They have to maintain above a 2.5 gpa, are on academic probation and have to attend "academic counseling" once a month to assess their current status in the curriculum. If they fail another class they are kicked out of school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
How many of you have faced academic difficulty in pharmacy school and had to take 1 more year in order to graduate?

How many hours did you study a day ?

What happens if you fail a class in pharmacy school?

I studied about 10 hours a week during tests. Pharmacy is a joke. If you can't do well you probably have lower IQ. If you fail a class you are usually allowed to take it over. Schools won't risk kicking you out and losing their federal money for your tuition. You are just a paycheck to them in a massive pharmD printing scam.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1) No
2) 1-3 hrs (depends on subject taught that day)
3) If a student fails a class because they failed the final exam- they are granted the option to retake a makeup exam. If they fail that too then they are held back 1 year and have to retake every single class that they didn't receive an A in over again. They have to maintain above a 2.5 gpa, are on academic probation and have to attend "academic counseling" once a month to assess their current status in the curriculum. If they fail another class they are kicked out of school.

I would like to add this retake is often called a "remediation exam" and is extremely similar to the failed final making it very easy to pass.

Reactions: 1 users
I would like to add this retake is often called a "remediation exam" and is extremely similar to the failed final making it very easy to pass.

100% true, sad but true.

Reactions: 1 users